LETTER #3
Good morning my son! It is Friday morning here in TX and I woke up wondering how you are doing. I hope all is going great! I know the language will be difficult, but it WILL come! I want to know what the MTC is like. What time are you in class? Do you get exercise time daily? What do you do for that time? How much of your class time is language study and how much is religious study? Tell me about your companions. What missions are they going to? Is the spirit really strong in the MTC? What have you learned?
I'm going to call the travel office on Monday and see what is the status of your visa... so I'll send you a letter after I speak with them. Speaking of writing, I've heard that your writing time in the MTC is pretty limited... like 30 minutes. That may be an old rule, I'm not sure. But assuming that might be true, our family is not going to send you emails for your pday. We are going to use Dear Elder so you won't have to spend your time reading letters and can just write for that 30 mins. I'll probably send Sally the info for Dear Elder too so you have more writing time.
Hurricane Irma is supposed to arrive in florida Sunday morning. It is apparently like a ghost town there. Everyone has evacuated. Keep those people in your prayers. They are expecting it to be a monster storm.
I taught 1 Nephi 8 today in seminary and made the room into Lehi's vision with a tree of life. great and spacious building and iron rod! It was pretty great. I focused on the four different groups of people in the vision and what they all did. Then we talked about how we are in that vision somewhere too. It's about all of us. We should be striving to be the group that "presses forward" toward the tree of life and falls down when they reach the tree or God's love. Life isn't easy. Being faithful isn't easy. But it is all so worth it.
You are a great example to me of the people in that group. My sweet boy... I love you so very much! You make me so proud and I am amazed when I think of the sacrifice you are making for our Savior and those who you will teach in Brazil. I'm so excited to hear about the people you meet and teach. Write good letters so we can feel like we are there with you. You are so loved and missed here at home. We talk about you all the time and pray for you constantly. I hope you can feel our love and prayers! We pray for your comfort, faith and strength.
I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that!
xoxox
mom
P.S. Did you get my cookies???!!!!
P.S.S. How is your journal working out? I hope you like the quotes I included. I picked them especially for you.
Good morning my son! It is Friday morning here in TX and I woke up wondering how you are doing. I hope all is going great! I know the language will be difficult, but it WILL come! I want to know what the MTC is like. What time are you in class? Do you get exercise time daily? What do you do for that time? How much of your class time is language study and how much is religious study? Tell me about your companions. What missions are they going to? Is the spirit really strong in the MTC? What have you learned?
I'm going to call the travel office on Monday and see what is the status of your visa... so I'll send you a letter after I speak with them. Speaking of writing, I've heard that your writing time in the MTC is pretty limited... like 30 minutes. That may be an old rule, I'm not sure. But assuming that might be true, our family is not going to send you emails for your pday. We are going to use Dear Elder so you won't have to spend your time reading letters and can just write for that 30 mins. I'll probably send Sally the info for Dear Elder too so you have more writing time.
Hurricane Irma is supposed to arrive in florida Sunday morning. It is apparently like a ghost town there. Everyone has evacuated. Keep those people in your prayers. They are expecting it to be a monster storm.
I taught 1 Nephi 8 today in seminary and made the room into Lehi's vision with a tree of life. great and spacious building and iron rod! It was pretty great. I focused on the four different groups of people in the vision and what they all did. Then we talked about how we are in that vision somewhere too. It's about all of us. We should be striving to be the group that "presses forward" toward the tree of life and falls down when they reach the tree or God's love. Life isn't easy. Being faithful isn't easy. But it is all so worth it.
You are a great example to me of the people in that group. My sweet boy... I love you so very much! You make me so proud and I am amazed when I think of the sacrifice you are making for our Savior and those who you will teach in Brazil. I'm so excited to hear about the people you meet and teach. Write good letters so we can feel like we are there with you. You are so loved and missed here at home. We talk about you all the time and pray for you constantly. I hope you can feel our love and prayers! We pray for your comfort, faith and strength.
I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that!
xoxox
mom
P.S. Did you get my cookies???!!!!
P.S.S. How is your journal working out? I hope you like the quotes I included. I picked them especially for you.
Comments
Post a Comment