Skip to main content

October 1, 2017 - From Mom

Hi sweet boy!  I've thought about you so much this week!  Especially this weekend... I love knowing that we are both watching conference at the same time.  I know that sounds silly, but it gives me comfort:)

Did you love conference??!!! I really did!  I went into this weekend with some specific thoughts and questions that I took to Heavenly Father in prayer and I felt like many talks spoke directly to me.  It was a really great experience.  I listened closely to Elder Parrella and I thought he was great!  I think I really liked Bednar's but I never know completely until I can go back and reread it... it is always so full of doctrine when he speaks.  It usually takes me a couple of times to hear it inorder to appreciate how good it was:)  Did you have any favorites?  Did you get good conference food?

I guess by now you will have seen Sam.  I hope that you are happy about it and that it wasn't hard for you.  We love you so much and talk about you all the time and pray for you constantly!  I just want this to be a happy thing for you.

The dogs are doing good.  They really haven't grown since you left.  I'm not sure if they will get much bigger.  I think their growth has slowed down.  They are constantly in trouble so mostly I want to kill them... but they are so cute and can be so sweet.  Since summer is over, I usually walk them everyday and they are getting a tiny bit more obedient on their walks... so that's some progress.

Today I brought some home made cookies to some of my seminary students before conference.  I've been thinking a lot about how students don't learn as much until they know how much their teacher cares for them.  I have a few students that struggle a lot.  I know one has suicidal thoughts.  So I've really tried to reach out to them and make sure they know that I love them and the Lord loves them.  I hope it will make coming to seminary a better experience for them.  I really do love my calling.  It is definitely very tough but it's so rewarding to work with the youth.  

Dad and I went to a birthday celebration for Christian Tyler this weekend.  He died over a year ago.  Hard to believe.  I think the family is coping ok.  They are a very faithful family and I'm in awe about how they are handling this.  I'm sure in private it is devastating to them, but they face the rest of us with a lot of faith and hope.  After that, we went to Jessey Hein's wedding reception.  The Heins said to tell you hello.  There son that was in France is now home.  They have a great family.

In seminary we are studying the Isaiah chapters the next two weeks.  Are you scared for me??!!  I am!  Actually, I'll be fine.  I'm teaching 2 Nephi 9 the next two days.  We have been studying the fall a lot last week and so this chapter is a follow up to that and helps us understand because of the fall, an atonement was so critical to the plan.  It also illustrates how important Agency is to our Heavenly Father.  What spiritual/ doctrinal things have you been studying this week?  I want to hear about it!

How is the food going?  Do you still have snacks?  Now is the time to think about what you need before you go to Brazil.  Is there anything you need for me to send you? Is your music and speaker working?  What kind of snacks do you want to bring to tide you over until you get to know the food better?  Is there anything else you think you need before you go?

I can't wait to hear from you today my sweet!  I hope things are going well with Sally.  Is she doing any better?  She has been in my prayers too.

I love you infinity + infinity and even more than that young man!  Can't wait to hear from you.

Love you soooooo!

Mom
xoxoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...