I can't believe you're going to be leaving for Brazil in 1 week!!! Are you getting excited, nervous or both?
Well Tuesday is mine and dad's 25th wedding anniversary! I can't believe it. We've sure had a wonderful life together so far. Not perfect, very difficult at times... but we have worked hard together and created something really special. When I look at the family we've created, it feels sacred to me. We're making more plans to go to Italy in the spring, but are trying to figure out something smaller to do this weekend. The problem is, it is homecoming so we want to be there for Abby too. We'll figure something out.
I'm sure you heard about the 59 people that were killed in Las Vegas and a huge outdoor country concert last week. It s the biggest mass murder ever in our history. It's been the focus of a lot of news coverage and talk this week. There are lots of stories of heroism... people helping strangers. Lots of ex military guys there were used to the chaos that occurred when the shooting started, and those guys really helped people to stay calm and also helped the wounded with their knowledge of battlefield injuries. It was so tragic but it's nice to hear of people putting their lives at risk for others... sometimes other strangers.
I've been really praying that Heavenly Father would help bring me a client so that I can get working again. I told Him that I'm putting in so much time into Seminary that I need help to get started again. Within a couple of days, I got a call from Katie Verplank (Bryce's mom) who knows some people in Celina that need to sell their home. I got off the phone and felt so much gratitude for the Lord answering my prayers so directly and quickly. Then instantly a primary song popped into my head... it's kindof a new one so I'm not sure if you've ever heard it... but it's called "Jesus is a God of miracles." It was like the Lord was telling me, "I can do anything and I can help you too." It was such an amazing demonstration of the Lord knowing me and caring about the things that weigh on me.. I'm just really amazed and grateful for this experience.
I had one more really amazing experience this week. Jane Hutto is in my seminary class and she barely comes. I know she struggles with anxiety (pretty severe) and so I worried that she might not be coming because she doesn't feel comfortable there or something. So I was driving yesterday and just had the impression to call her mom, Sister Hutto to see what I could do. We talked about her anxiety and that lack of sleep is a real trigger for it. She is also taking 5 AP classes and has so much homework and feels overwhelmed. I offered to do a homestudy program with her where we could just meet one time per week and go over the weeks worth of lessons (just the highlights) for an hour each week. I asked her mom to see if she would be interested in doing that. Her mom texted me back today to let me know that Jane would really love to do that. Her mom told me that she had been praying that Jane's heart toward seminary would soften and that she would make it a priority somehow. She said that my willingness to work with Jane made her feel like the Savior heard her prayers and that Jane felt so loved by Him as well. It was a great feeling to know that I had played a part in doing the Lords work for one of His precious daughters. I also read this quote today and it made me think of both of my experiences this week:
"Expecting the spectacular, one may not be fully alerted to the constant flow of revealed communication... The sound of the voice of the Lord is a continuous melody and a thunderous appeal." - Spencer W. Kimball
In other words, if we are looking for angels to come down to reveal things to us, we will miss the constant flow of revelation that is available to us through the still small voice. The trick is getting to recognize it so we know how to hear it and when to act.
Anyway, I had a great week. How did yours go? How is the language? Tell me everything!
I love you so much sweet boy! I can't wait to talk with you today.
xoxoxoxox
mom
Comments
Post a Comment