Hello my gorgeous boy!!!
How is my 20 year old?! Did you get to celebrate a little bit? I wish I could have delivered donuts and bacon to you! Any news on your birthday package? Were you able to get to the mission office to see if it's there? Tell me all about your week!
We had a good week but nothing too eventful. The house we had placed an offer on fell through. So I'm on the search for another house or two to flip. I don't know if you remember meeting Melanie Orme??? She was Laurette's neighbor and really good friend. She was in their ward. She died on Monday last week. She had been battling breast cancer for 22 years and died at just 53 years old. Just so sad. I went to her funeral on Saturday in our old Flower Mound Building. Driving past Wellington was so nostalgic for me. I have the greatest memories of you guys growing up there and how wonderful and happy those years were. We are a very blessed family!
How have your studies been going? Have you thought about starting to read Jesus the Christ? It's an amazing book. Very dense with information so it takes a little getting used to. But when you do, it is such a testimony builder.
How is your eating going? Any progress on a stove? My offer on a hot plate still stands. I will literally buy you one each time you're transferred if I have to. You can leave it behind at the apartment so you don't have to pack it. We have them here at Walmart for $10-$15. If you had that and one skillet, you could cook most things! Are you able to put the protien powder in the yogurt? Eat plenty of snacks. Make sure you eat in the morning before you leave.
The pictures of your apartment look pretty decent. You guys must have really cleaned! I also LOVED your video. I posted it online:)
One of the lessons I prepared last week was for Jacob 5. The allegory of the olive tree. One of those chapters that is tough for people to understand so I was dreading it a little. However, I learned so much and now it is one of my favorite chapters in the BoM. It has a lot to do with the house of isreal and how the master of the vineyard labors to keep them fruitful. But in the end, the story is also symbolic of each of us. We are also represented as an olive tree in His vineyard. And he prunes us (gives us trials), nourishes us and tries to strengthen our roots. All because He loves us. The master weeps over his vineyard when they aren't thriving because he wonders what more he could have done. I know the Lord loves you. And I know he loves me. I know he has a plan for each of us and labors over us because He wants us to grow strong and be fruitful. The Master never leaves his vineyard. He can always be found there laboring for us. Try reading it again with a different view of the allegory and see what it means to you.
Well, I'm so excited to hear about your week. I hope Carlos is happy and progressing. I hope you are finding others to teach. I want to hear all about it.
Thank you for being such an amazing son. Truly! You are so loving and you give me so much to be proud of. Mostly I thank my Heavenly Father regularly for sending you to me. You were a special gift the day you were born. I could not ask for more than you! Although I miss you more than you can imagine … I love having the opportunity to see you grow in front of my eyes. You are a loving missionary, man and leader. You are such a tremendous example to your family and many more including your cousins and friends! You can make people feel at ease because of your genuine care for others. I can only imagine the ways you will continue to grow! I love you so much, Gray! I am so incredibly proud to be your mom!
Are you safe? Do you feel protected? More than anything we pray for your protection and for the spirit to be with you to guide you, help you teach, and warn you. Have you been in any situations where you feel unsafe? Be obedient! I know that gives you protection. Perfect obedience is what you should strive for. Work hard. I know the Lord trusts his work to you and must smile when He watches you labor in his vineyard!
I love you G!
xoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment