Hi my love!!!! How was your week young man? I can tell from the picture you sent yesterday that your hair is growing out a little bit. It looks good! Tell me everything about this week... Tell me about your investigators and the lessons you taught. How are you feeling about the language? Have you heard anything about transfers yet? What day do you actually transfer? Have you met with your mission President any more? What do you think of him and his wife?
We had a great week. No school so lots of sleeping in!!! We had Thanksgiving at our house this year because Laurette's oven was broken. It was crazy. I wasn't sure if our kitchen would ever be clean again. It looked like a bomb went off. I sent you a picture of the group. We are all giving you our "hearts" but Kevin is picking his nose for you. Thanks kev. Misti is looking pretty pregnant! The baby is about the size of an eggplant at this point... just over 1 pound. It is crazy to think that my step brother's (Jeff) baby was born at this point. Just 24 weeks pregnant and she delivered JJ and he only weighed about 1 pound. Dad fried a turkey for the first time and it was pretty tasty. When we went around the room at told what we were thankful for, I landed on the letter E so of course I said, Elder Gurksnis. You were missed sweet boy. It is not the same without your here.
I think I told you that we didn't get the deal on the house we put an offer on. I think we are going to have to get comfortable with many things not working out because we are trying to get the best deals. It will mean that we will have to put a lot of offers on homes in before we get the right one. I'm putting together a list of opportunities to show our investor this week. Say a prayer that we will get a great house soon! I'm really excited/terrified to do this. But mostly I'm excited!
Sydney's boyfriend Cam came for Thanksgiving. I think they will get engaged over the holidays and probably married in the spring. I'm so happy for them. He is a great guy. I hope Sam will be able to find someone amazing. It sure seems like he has a hard time meeting great girls at BYU. I've heard so many people say the same thing lately. I'm sure it will happen but I hope it is sooner than later.
Here is something I found from President Hinckley. As a checklist, how do you think you are doing? I can see that you have already received many of these blessings...
10 Gifts to Bring Home From a Mission. President Gordon B. Hinckley
1. Knowledge of God and Christ.
2. Knowledge and love for scriptures.
3. Increased love for parents.
4. Love people who you serve.
5. Appreciation for hard work.
6. Knowledge of importance of teamwork.
7. Recognition of importance of good dress and demeanor.
8. Appreciation of the beauty and value of personal virtue.
9. Faith to act and courage to try.
10. Humility to pray.
I love you so much Gray! You are in our every prayer and our thoughts constantly. You are part of many of our conversations. I miss you tremendously! I hope you have a stellar week. Please be safe and listen to the spirit. I was talking to someone this week about a vision that Brigham Young had after Joseph Smith had died. Brigham asked him (in his vision) if he had a message for the saints. This is what he said: “Tell the people to be humble and faithful, and be sure to keep the spirit of the Lord and it will lead them right. Be careful and not turn away the small still voice; it will teach you what to do and where to go; it will yield the fruits of the kingdom” (Manuscript History of Brigham Young, 1846-1847, 529). Joseph Smith had ONE thing to say to the saints and it was to stay close to the spirit and live worthy to have it. It shows you how important it is. I know it will guide you to those who will listen to your teaching of the gospel and it will give you protection as well. Two things that give me peace about you being so far from home serving the Lord.
I love you so very much! Infinity + Infinity and even more than that!
Be safe my boy. xoxoxoxox
Mom
Comments
Post a Comment