Hello LOVE!!! You are turning the big 2-0 this week!!! No longer a teenager! I hope you get to celebrate a little bit! I hope you're enjoying reading all of your birthday wishes from lots of people who love you! I so wish I was there to wrap my arms around you and kiss your handsome face! I'd make you a breakfast of bacon and donuts and Jersey's for lunch:) Make sure you get some good treats today my sweet and think of the 19 other times we have sung to you and celebrated with you! I hope this week will be an extra great one!
Thank you for the picture and video this week!!! OH MY GOSH! I have freaking watched that video 35 times. I love it and it cracks me up! It looks like you were having a good day. Where was the music coming from? That is the only thing we couldn't figure out.
1. Did you get your mission debit card? Have they reimbursed you for whatever they needed to?
2. I saw your snacks. That is really cheap! Can you buy lots of things for cheap there? Make sure you try to have as many veggies and fruits as possible. Are you taking your vitamins?
3. Did you have some baptisms this week? How about Carlos? Did you find any new people to teach? Are people good about giving you referrals or do you go tracting a lot?
4. Can you get to the mission office next pday? Your birthday package should be there then.
So I had a good and busy week. Its kinda a long story so I'll try to condense it a bit. Do you remember Troy Peterson? He was in our ward in FM and was our home teacher. He always made Napoleon Dynamite jokes/ quotes with you guys. Anyway, he is business partners with another guy here in Prosper, John Peterson (same last name but not related). Anyway, they ended up selling their businesses and making a ton of money. So long story short, I have a listing in Celina that I was just getting ready to list but we found out that the bank was foreclosing on them because they hadn't made a house payment in a couple of years. I'm trying to help the couple that owns the home because they have just had some huge trails in their lives the last several years with bad health problems and loss of jobs. But now that the bank is foreclosing, there isn't much I can do. They owe more on the house than it is worth so its pretty sad.
I started thinking about how we should try to buy this house and flip it. And if we bought it we could give the couple that owns in a few thousand dollars so they could at least put a deposit on an apartment. They have a grown daughter and son-in-law that I hope are going to help them.
I got in contact with John Peterson because he is interested in investing in Real Estate. He has been building apartment complexes with Troy Peterson and lots of other things too. He has agreed to buy the home with cash, Dad and I will pay for the updates and repairs on the home, and then when we sell it, we will split the profits. We made an offer on the house and that was rejected so we just countered a little higher. We might not get this house, but its really exciting that he wants to work with us and so now we have the cash to invest in flips... my dream job! I'll keep you posted. But hopefully by the time you get home from your mission, we will be experts in flipping:)
I read a talk this week that was talking about how those of us with testimonies believe in the wonderful plan of salvation... about the fall of adam and the need for an atonement so that we can have eternal life with the Lord and our families. He calls it the "macro" plan of salvation. But sometimes when we have tough trails and struggles in life, we fail to see the the Lord has a "micro" plan of salvation he prepared just for you individually. For example, if you remember Joseph of Egypt, he was favored by his father and so his brothers retaliated by selling him as a slave, he was thrown and prison and seems to be forgotten by God. It seems as though God is silent during these years of Joseph. However, later he is able to save his family and he recognizes that it was God's plan from the beginning. Elder Neal A. Maxwell said " The highest compliment I can pay to you is that God has placed you here and now at this time to serve in his kingdom; so much is about to happen in which you will be involved and concerning which you will have some great influence... it is because you have a rendezvous with destiny that will involve some soul stretching and some pain that I have chosen to speak to you tonight about the implications of two things we accept sometimes quite casually. These realities are that God loves us and, loving us, has placed us here to cope with challenges which he will place before us. I'm not sure we can always understand the implications of his love, because his love will call us at times to do things we may wonder about, and we may be confronted with circumstances we would rather not face. I believe with all my heart that because God loves us there are some particularized challenges that he will deliver to each of us. He will customize the curriculum for each of us in order to teach us the things we most need to know. He will set before us in life what we need, not always what we like. And this will require us to accept with all our hearts—particularly your generation—the truth that there is divine design in each of our lives and that you have rendezvous to keep, individually and collectively." Just remember when you are facing a difficult time out there, some of this might be by design by a loving heavenly father who wants you to grow and become more like him… he wants you to learn something.
Keep working hard my boy! The Lord has a plan for you and is working through you to change the lives of others. He is working on your life too. I love you so very much! Happy 20 years old my amazing son! I hope you can feel my love for you and my arms around you today and on your birthday especially! I'm gonna have a donut to celebrate Grayson on your bday!
I love you so very much!!!
mom
Comments
Post a Comment