Good morning my wonderful son!
How was your week?
I will start my letter with the obvious, I did visit with Sally (see our selfie) briefly yesterday and brought her sodalicious cookie:) along with a few little study treats. It was freezing outside so it was just a brief visit but it was really fun. She thought it was so cute that you wanted her to have the sodalicious cookie!
I had a really good weekend in Utah and the funeral for Dani's mom was really great. She was a really amazing woman and I know it's really hard for those girls to lose their mother! Dani is pregnant again with another little girl so it's bittersweet that her mom will miss out on this but it's an exciting time! I'm sure her mom is preparing that little girl to come down here. Danis daughter Winnie is so adorable! And for as strange as Denny is, he's a really good dad.
I went to church with Sam on Sunday. That was a fun throwback for me to go to church in a BYU building and remember my student days! We had sam, Sydney and her boyfriend Cam, and Lindsay all over for dinner at Noelle's last night. I think Sydney and Cam are going to get engaged over Christmas or New Year's. I'm so excited for her because he is a great guy and fits in our family really well.
I'm getting ready to head back to Texas today so I may not be able to email back-and-forth very much. Dad knows to be looking for you when you get online so he can write you today.
The most important things we need to decide are the timing of our Skype and if we can do a quick practice run!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to see your beautiful face! I love the videos that you sent this week and your Portuguese sounds amazing! I am so very proud of you, my son. I can't write those words without tears coming to my eyes because you are so incredibly special to me. You have so many gifts and talents and those are all amazing, but even without any of them you are so incredibly good and kind and faithful that it makes my heart completely full just to think about it. You have always had angel blood! You are a treasure to me.
Tell me about the baptism! I'm hoping you have pictures to send. I can tell from the video that you and Elder Lima ds are friends and it makes me so happy. Sam watched the video many times. We all miss you my boy!
Ok. Now onto Skype! I'm pretty sure my Skype id is crickettx. Or
Crickettx@gmail.com. How do you want skype to go? You make the rules for us. How long? Do you want some one on one time with each of us? Tell me how you want this to go. I'm thinking 4:30 ish your time would work great if we can do that. We will be at Brooke's house in the morning and will get home by noon which is 4 your time. If that doesn't work, tell me now so we can make adjustments.
Can we possibly do a very quick practice run one day this week? Literally 1 minute just to check that it works. I would need to know a pretty precise time. You could send me a picture from the camera with a time this week if you don't know exactly right now. I just don't want anything to go wrong on Christmas Day!
What else do you need from me? I'm so happy you got all your packages! Hopefully you feel some Christmas cheer:) I hope you will stay focused on the Savior and realize how special this Christmas is for you. Your family will be here always and we will have many many amazing Christmases together to come. But this year is a very sweet and tender moment for your life. I imagine you will feel a closeness to the Savior you have never felt before. Treasure that moment and realize that it's much more important than any thing you're missing out at home this year. There Will be many of those wonderful Christmases to come. As I think of your sacrifice this year it helps me to feel closer to the Savior as well because I want to be more like you. You are not just a missionary in Brazil but your influence is felt deeply back home too.
I love you so much, Gray! One week!!!!! I'm freaking out!!!
Infinity + infinity and even more than that.
Mom
How was your week?
I will start my letter with the obvious, I did visit with Sally (see our selfie) briefly yesterday and brought her sodalicious cookie:) along with a few little study treats. It was freezing outside so it was just a brief visit but it was really fun. She thought it was so cute that you wanted her to have the sodalicious cookie!
I had a really good weekend in Utah and the funeral for Dani's mom was really great. She was a really amazing woman and I know it's really hard for those girls to lose their mother! Dani is pregnant again with another little girl so it's bittersweet that her mom will miss out on this but it's an exciting time! I'm sure her mom is preparing that little girl to come down here. Danis daughter Winnie is so adorable! And for as strange as Denny is, he's a really good dad.
I went to church with Sam on Sunday. That was a fun throwback for me to go to church in a BYU building and remember my student days! We had sam, Sydney and her boyfriend Cam, and Lindsay all over for dinner at Noelle's last night. I think Sydney and Cam are going to get engaged over Christmas or New Year's. I'm so excited for her because he is a great guy and fits in our family really well.
I'm getting ready to head back to Texas today so I may not be able to email back-and-forth very much. Dad knows to be looking for you when you get online so he can write you today.
The most important things we need to decide are the timing of our Skype and if we can do a quick practice run!!!! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to see your beautiful face! I love the videos that you sent this week and your Portuguese sounds amazing! I am so very proud of you, my son. I can't write those words without tears coming to my eyes because you are so incredibly special to me. You have so many gifts and talents and those are all amazing, but even without any of them you are so incredibly good and kind and faithful that it makes my heart completely full just to think about it. You have always had angel blood! You are a treasure to me.
Tell me about the baptism! I'm hoping you have pictures to send. I can tell from the video that you and Elder Lima ds are friends and it makes me so happy. Sam watched the video many times. We all miss you my boy!
Ok. Now onto Skype! I'm pretty sure my Skype id is crickettx. Or
Crickettx@gmail.com. How do you want skype to go? You make the rules for us. How long? Do you want some one on one time with each of us? Tell me how you want this to go. I'm thinking 4:30 ish your time would work great if we can do that. We will be at Brooke's house in the morning and will get home by noon which is 4 your time. If that doesn't work, tell me now so we can make adjustments.
Can we possibly do a very quick practice run one day this week? Literally 1 minute just to check that it works. I would need to know a pretty precise time. You could send me a picture from the camera with a time this week if you don't know exactly right now. I just don't want anything to go wrong on Christmas Day!
What else do you need from me? I'm so happy you got all your packages! Hopefully you feel some Christmas cheer:) I hope you will stay focused on the Savior and realize how special this Christmas is for you. Your family will be here always and we will have many many amazing Christmases together to come. But this year is a very sweet and tender moment for your life. I imagine you will feel a closeness to the Savior you have never felt before. Treasure that moment and realize that it's much more important than any thing you're missing out at home this year. There Will be many of those wonderful Christmases to come. As I think of your sacrifice this year it helps me to feel closer to the Savior as well because I want to be more like you. You are not just a missionary in Brazil but your influence is felt deeply back home too.
I love you so much, Gray! One week!!!!! I'm freaking out!!!
Infinity + infinity and even more than that.
Mom

Comments
Post a Comment