Well you've hit your 3 month mark! It seems like we were just talking about 2 months. It feels like time is beginning to speed up a little for me. It seemed soooo slow at first. That is so awesome! And the other great news.... It is December and that means I get to see you and talk to you in just 3 weeks!!! I CANNOT wait!!! What do you know about that yet? Do you know where you will be able to skype from? Sam and I always did a practice test the night/day before to make sure the connection works. You can't cheat. We don't look at each other. We just stay on for 1 minute to test the connection. We should try to do that.
I've gotten so many pictures this week! Thank you! I love it sooooo much. I know you can't always do that but I sure love it when you do. Also, thank you for the heads up on your pday change!
We've all been sick most of the week. But other than that, we've had really good things happen too. First of all, I called BYU transfer evaluation and I confirmed that your econ class has now officially fulfilled your ECON 110 requirement. So that's great! All done.
The next great thing is that we got an accepted offer on our first flip home! I'm heading out today to the inspection. So as long as the inspection goes well, we will be doing our first flip home!!! I'm so excited! The margins are really tight so Dad and I are going to have to do more work than we would really want to, but thats okay. We just want this first one to go really well so our investor will want to do many more with us. The Heins also want to do a flip house with us. They have a lot of cash and need to invest it so that is exciting. I'm setting a goal to do 5 flip homes in 2018. Wouldn't that be amazing?! (update Monday night: the inspection didn't go great. Probably foundation problems along with plumbing and electric probs. Not sure if we will move forward with this or not... I'll keep you posted).
We got some of our Christmas decorations up. Since we were sick this weekend we didn't have the energy to get it all done. But it's starting to feel more like Christmas around here. Tell me about your packages! Did you like your birthday package? What did you get in your Christmas package? I hope it was some of the things you can use to get in the Christmas mood. I checked the tracking and it looks like the other two packages still haven't cleared customs. So weird how some of them go thru so quickly and others are sooooo slow. I'm not going to worry yet. It hasn't even been a full three weeks since I mailed them. So, I'm hoping it will be this week that they will get delivered.
Did you get a chance to see the 1st Presidency Christmas broadcast sunday night? One of the speakers just made me think so much of you! He talked about how excited he was as a new missionary to arrive in Chile right around Thanksgiving but then quickly felt a little overwhelmed by the language that didn't sound anything like it did in the MTC, the culture, the hard work, etc. He got really sick the first week he was there too. But he worked hard and was struck with the thought that "if the Savior could be born and come to Earth to face all the persecution, trials and sacrifice... he could certainly give a short amount of time to bring the Savior's message to others." I know you already know that and feel that, but it made me so proud of you to think of your service and sacrifice with most 20 year olds are consumed with themselves. You are amazing my beautiful boy... with the flow!
So speaking of the semi flow... when do you have to cut it? You look so cute either way.
I have a favorite quote that I used in seminary this week. We were comparing the people of Limhi who were in bondage to the Lamanites mostly because of their sinful behavior and the people of Alma who were also in bondage to the Lamanites although they had lived righteously. We talked about how sometimes the trials we face in life we bring on ourselves because of our choices. But also, we sometimes receive times of trial as an opportunity to grow and stretch and become more faithful. Here is the quote that goes with this that I love... "No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called children of God... and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we come here to acquire and which will make us more like our Father and Mother in heaven." (Orson Whitney) This helps me understand that sometimes when challenges come, it may be evidence that the Lord feels I am ready to grow more. And if I can endure those trials faithfully, it will be for my good.
Tell me all about your week! I can't wait to hear my love!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
mom
Comments
Post a Comment