Hi mom!
well first, ugghhhhhh sally didnt email me this week/: so obviously my mind is going to the absolute worse case scenario rn. but im sure its nothing, shes not in the same routine cause shes at home with family, but it just kinda sucks to not see an email from her in my inbox. i felt like i was really getting better with all that this week, so this definitely doesnt help. I just wish she would say something so my mind doesnt wonder about it this week. ughh but ill be ok.
I had a good week. I worked hard and contacted a whole lot. it was good cause it was honestly the first time i just felt totally comfortable talking with people and knocking doors and stuff. so that was super awesome and exciting for me. it was raining super hard sunday morning so im sure that might have kept a couple people from church. but rafaela (the pregnant women) was there with her boyfriend and Lima da Silva invited her to pray and think about baptism again. I think he would really like to have a baptism his final week. So maybe that will work out next week! We've taught her a couple more times and she seems to be understanding things better. I think either way I will probably be able to be baptize her whether its next week or in the next few weeks. There are also a couple other people we are working with.
With president it was all good. Interviews are always fast. he has to do them in like 7 minutes each. but it went super well and i think he really likes me. Even tho we couldnt communicate much until this interview, i think he has always known where my heart is. but our talk was good and we just talked about how the language was a little tough for me at the beginning and how it was talking with my family on Christmas. But the awesome thing is that he told Lima da Silva in their interview that my Portguguese is doing really well and im losing my American accent. There was lots of people that I hadnt seen in a few weeks and they all commented on my portuguese and how it was very improved.
Thats exciting about Calvin. I wanna recieve his emails, so i need his church email! I know he'll be a freaking awesome missionary im excited for him. Wow thats superrrr cold. Thats pretty crazy. Brazil is hot and super rainy right now. January is the most rainy month all year so im not looking forward to that. It just makes the work a lot harder, but im also excited to experience a new companion.
Thank you for the thought. its pretty crazy how many people that are rooting against us. and even some people that chose Gods plan and are here on the earth are against us. But the good thing is I really havent felt much temptation on my mission. I know there may be times that I do but i feel much much more prepared to face temptation just after a couple months on my mission.
i miss you so much mom. thanks for emailing me every week haha.
I have a couple things. Ok first of all, seriously please if you will send food in packages for now, can you send like actual food? I have sooooooo much candy so i really dont need anymore. The only candy i would want you to send is Dr. Pepper jelly beans(: But other than that you dont really have to send any food cause the food situation here is good. And also just wait on another package a little bit, cause i really dont need one right now and i want to wait at least until the transfer.
Im so excited to find out who my next companion will be on sunday!
Ok but one thing i want you to at least prepare for the next package is collar extenders. Idk exactly what you sent me. But i need something that will make the neck on my shirts a tad bigger, cause sometimes my shirts feel a little tight around the neck. Dad knows what im talking about so you can ask him about it.
I think my perspective is really starting to change which is so good. I just wanna be happy if im gonna be here. and ive learned that the answer to literally every problem i could have on the mission is just work hard and be obedient. The whole new year thing sucks cause everyone is just talking about this is the year they go home and stuff. So im ready to be past the whole new year thing. Im just not to the point where i dont think about the day passing by every day. Im hoping soon that the days will just start going by and i wont even think about it. It will just feel like normal life.
I love you mom! thank you for everything
Comments
Post a Comment