Hello my love! How as your week? I'm so excited to hear about Junior. Did you guys meet with him a lot this week? How is he progressing? Also I want to know about the family of 10. Did they come to church on Sunday? How did you find them? We have been praying for all of them. Your letter last Monday was very powerful. Dad spoke in church on Sunday and read your letter as an example of accessing the power of Jesus Christ in your life. I'm so proud of you that you were able to focus on Him and do His work even when your heart was heavy. And I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father that He has blessed you with so much! I know you have received comfort and your burdens have been made lighter because of your diligence and obedience and faith. All of our faith has been strengthened because of you this week. I feel like I have a stronger testimony of fasting too because I felt a lot of peace about you after we fasted. I had an assurance that all would work out for you and that you were being blessed. So thank you for your example, G. You are amazing!
Dads talk was really good ... except for the beginning when he was talking about Sam getting jock itch at scout camp! LOL How many people talk about jock itch from the pulpit?!!! Abby was dying!!! What the crap. Your dad!!!!
We had a good week. We put another offer in on a house. I'm praying that this one will go through. We should know by tomorrow probably. I'm excited and nervous. But I'm ready for a challenge. We had a quiet weekend since dad was preparing his talk. We have two really great missionaries in our ward right now. We had them over for dinner last night and it was fun to just laugh with them. I think they like coming to our house and feeling "normal" for a little bit. But they always stay focused on their work and have such strong testimonies. I love having them in our home because I feel like when I take care of these missionaries, someone will take care of my son in Brazil. xoxo
Sam will probably tell you, but he had a little skiing accident on Saturday. UGH! We aren't sure exactly what happened yet but we know nothing is broken... but his collar bone or clavicle keeps popping out. He is in some pain and is wearing a sling. He is going to a specialist on Wednesday. Please pray that this will heal quickly and he won't need surgery!
I'm sending you a talk in your next package by Tad R. Callister called The Consecrated Missionary. I want to share just a little of it with you.
"What is a consecrated missionary? It is a missionary who is willing to lay everything on the altar of sacrifice and to hold nothing back. It is a willingness to give every ounce of energy, every conscious thought and every drop of passion to this work - to submit our will to God's will whatever it may be. Every missionary who has been to the temple has covenanted to consecrate his all. The book of Omni records the depth and breadth of that covenant. : Yea come unto me, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him (Omni 1:26)"
It makes me think of all you're doing. I know how hard you are working. I know what you have sacrificed. I know the Lord knows too. I have seen him bless you immensely during your time in Brazil. We have talked about you being that awesome, stud missionary that can set the example for the other missionaries in your mission... you are on your way to that young man! Keep working and striving my son. I love you fiercely!!!! And miss you like a dirty dog (in the words of G)! Have an amazing week!!!! xoxoxoxoxox
Mom
Mom
Comments
Post a Comment