Skip to main content

January 29, 2018 From Gray

yoooo momma. Junior is progressing well. Hes super strong. But now our problem is i think he wants to seperate from his pregnant girlfriend. Which is honestly sad and not what i wanted but they decided that. Which would mean that we can baptize him very soon, but they also decided that they would live together until the baby is out, which is like 4 or 5 months. Its a huge bummer. We will talk to him tonight but i dont think it will work out for his baptism for a while. We'll make sure he is still in church and stuff and visiting him every week. i dont even think he will be having sex with her but just because they are living in the same house we still cant. I asked the AP's and they said its common on the mission but the rule is about living in the same house. So the family of 10 kind of decreased to a family of 5. Others of them went to their church and talked to their pastor about OUR CHURCH. I have no idea what he said but what do you think a pastor of another church would say about our church lol. But i think it was a good thing also cause we can better focus on this family too. We are getting their documents together to marry them!! It will take a while so i probably wont be here, butttt we talked with them about baptizing their one son that has more than 8 years and they approved. we think it will be better for him to start recieveing those blessings asap. so hopefully if everything goes right we will prepare him this week to be baptized sunday! Usually we wouldnt baptize a kid like this but obviously he has support from his parents  and they already said they will be baptized after marriage. They are soo soo soo poor its crazy. The mom pulled me aside to talk to me about finding help with food. I felt so bad, but know i cant do much. We brought over stuff that was sitting in our house from all the christmas stuff we recieved but told them that as missionaries we cant do anything else. But i think the ward will help them a little bit coming up. We have a couple other opportunities that could turn out good the next 3 weeks so im praying for all my investigators. 

Thats awesome what dad talked about in his talk!! It makes me happy when you guys use stuff from my emails. I gave a 10 minute talk this week lol. I finished about 1/3 of what i prepared. it was awesome. i was just talking like normal. felt really good. lol the jock itch part is cracking me up. i would have tackled him off the stand before saying that lol.

Thats awesome about the offer on the house. Thats super cool that you are excited for a challenge. I will pray for it to work out right.

that funny cause we ate lunch with the silva family after church yesterday. They are the family I can feel "normal" with hahaha they are so awesome. Probably my last lunch there which is sad but they are such a great family. My favorite guy is named anderson. He lives in the favela and is pretty poor. His car broke down this week and he doesnt have the money to fix it so they walked like 40 minutes to church i think. IN his prayer after lunch he prayed that he was thankful for having a church close to our houses. I thought that was sooooo awesome. hes such a cool and good dude. 

Holy crap sam.......thats stinks. Idk if skiing is the best thing for him. But i hope everything is ok and that he can stay healthy. Praying for him!

Idk if you already sent the package but I already have that talk. They give it to you in your binder when you enter the mission, so ive already read it. But yeah it really is an amazing talk i love it. 

Love you mom!!! We are working so hard and im pretty happy right now. I think when i think about it i get kinda just sad about sally and the whole situation but honestly i think i needed that to happen so that i could move on a little bit. I had much better focus this week.

Love you mom and miss you like a dirty dog. You are the greatest mother!!!!!
Elder g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...