Good morning sunshine!
btw- Abby announced in seminary today that you are the favorite child of our family . So LOL, take that and run with it:)
How was your week my amazing son? Were you able to baptize the 8 year old? How about Junior and his girlfriend? How are they progressing? How about the large family? Were you able to teach them this week? How are things with the anit-pooping Elder Aguiar?!!!
We had a fun superbowl party/kevin and erik birthday party last night. We turned the tables on them and all the girls did a rap for them. It was pretty funny and they loved it. I think the video is too long to send you but I'll send some screen shots:) We had good food... rice and beans and meat. Sound familiar? We also went out with the Hines on Friday night which is always fun.
We lost out on the house I told you about last week. Someone else came in with a higher offer... so... I'm a little frustrated, but I'll keep trying. I'm spending time today looking for a new opportunity. I'm really hoping to find something this week and have a signed offer. So keep me in your prayers.
The dogs are doing good. We have found this dog park in Mckinney and so we've been taking them a few times each week. They really love it. It is so cute because they run off to play for a minute, then they run back to check in with us and then run out again. They do this the entire time! LOL. There is always a little bit of doggy drama but Riggs and Lyla usually stay out of it. They are too chicken to get into any fights.
I was thinking about some of the things President Platt said to you in your setting apart blessing. He talked many times about you seeing miracles. I know you have seen many in the lives of others already but I think you're probably starting to recognize them in you too. I have a favorite little book called "the Peter Potential." I'm not sure if you know this, but the apostle Peter is one of my favorite people in the scriptures. I love that he is so passionate about the Savior and being His disciple. I love the story about how he leaps over the side of the boat in the middle of the sea of galilee when he sees the resurrected savior. He can't get to Him fast enough in the boat so he starts to swim/run to Him.
In talking about the moment when Peter became an apostle, the book reads:
"He was a simple fisherman on the shores of Galilee, but on that morning, Peter was extended an invitation that would change the course of his life. After spending an entire night fishing he had absolutely nothing to show for his labor. Despite his exhaustion, his aching hands worked with the nets - washing and mending.
"Peter lifted his gaze to the rising of the sun and felt the boat shift behind him. He glanced over his shoulder and watched the Lord finish stepping aboard. Smiling at Peter, He gestured at the huge crowd gathered on the shore and then humbly asked if he would thrust out a little from the land. (Luke 5:3)
"A simple invitation. Thrust out a little from the land. A reminder that small actions can lead to great things."
The Savior taught and Peter listened. A large group gathered on the shore and listened too. Then a second invitation came from the Lord to Peter. Launch out into the deep (Luke 5:4).
"The Savior did not intend to take Peter on a surface journey. He was about to reach into the depths of his heart. He wanted the depths of his soul. The miracles He intended to perform would not happen in the shallow water. To accept the invitation, Peter could no longer be content with where he was. It would require lifting the anchor.
"Peter's first reaction was an expression of frustration. 'We toiled all night an took nothing.' (in other words, we fished all not and caught nothing.. why are you telling me to go out there again? What good would it do?)
"But at the Lord's word Peter lifted the anchor, launched out into the deep, and let down his net. When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come and help them, and they came and filled both boats so full that they began to sink.
The boats were so full and the nets were breaking because of the blessings and goodness of obedience in following the Savior. ANd at that moment the Savior asked him to leave all of that behind and come join him in teaching and sharing the gospel with others. Come follow me and I'll make you fishers of men. Peter and his partners, James and John, immediately left their nets and all of the fish to follow Him (Matt 4:19-20).
My sweet boy, you have left behind your nets to follow the Savior. At times you might feel like you are in the deep water and in need of His help. He will be there for you. I think you have really learned that these last few weeks. He is there for you and He loves you. I know you have many miracles yet to witness. You are one of my miracles! I love you so very much and I can't wait to hear about your week!
We love you and pray for you many times a day. xoxoxoxoxoxox
infinity + infinity
mom
Comments
Post a Comment