Good morning sweet boy! I hope you had a great week! I'm anxious to hear all about it. Dad and I google earthed your apartment and it was so fun to see where you actually are! How did you travel back and forth from the temple? Do you take a bus? How is the transit there? Are there taxis? Any kind of metro train in sao Paulo? Tell me who you are teaching this week? How are your lessons going? Do you think your teaching is improving? How so?
How are the exercise bands working out? Have you been able to use them instead of your cinder block weights? How is the food in Sorocaba? Do you like it as much as your last place? Do they have street food too? Have you bought yourself any souvenirs yet?
We had a good week. We have our first flip house! It's so exciting but I'm nervous too. It is scary to try something new but I'm excited to take on the challenge. Dad and I did some shopping on Saturday and found some good prices on flooring so we dropped $3000 on tile and wood floors:) We don't close on the house until April 6 but we are going to try to do all the demo that first weekend. The house has a great pool so abby will probably sit poolside while we work our butts off. LOL. I'm excited to send you before and after pictures. We have a lot of work to do. Mostly in the kitchen and the master bathroom. I think we will learn so much. We are already talking about how to add the other bathroom upstairs and update our bathroom downstairs. Our goal is to have it done and on the market by mid-May. Say lots of prayers that it all goes great and we sell it for a great profit.
We went to a surprise party for Petra Hines on Saturday night. They catered it with Costa Vida and had so much food leftover. So we went over there for dinner again tonight for seconds of Costa Vida! Abby actually ate leftovers tonight! A major breakthru. haha. They are a great family and we had a lot of fun.
I listened to Paz em Christo that you told me to. It is so beautiful! I sent you the english version earlier but I think I like the Portuguese even better. It is a beautiful language and I can't wait for Mother's day to hear you speaking it so fluently.
I've found a service that I can use to get packages like I did with Sam. They actually fly to Brazil and deliver the packages to the mission office. So I can get you a watch that way if that works better for you. I don't think I can send anything of any real value through the mail. So let me know what you want me to do. I'm glad we have that option!
I have been thinking about how to be a more consecrated teacher a lot this week. I have been feeling some burn out so I am trying to re focus and do the things that will help me finish this year strong. The messages in the BOM are so important so I don't want to miss them for my students. I read this quote about missionaries and of course I thought of you... but I see how I can apply it to myself also.
"My mission belongs to the Lord. With all my heart I give my energy and my time to the Master because I love Him. Therefore, I'm going to look at everyday not as mine, but as His. And I will treat each minute of His time with respect and focus and the dedication that it deserves." -Elder Ballard
I hope that helps you this week. That you will think about how you are a consecrated missionary. You are such an amazing example to me and our whole family! Abby has been studying her scriptures with more dedication and much of that is because of your example. I want to live worthy of your sacrifice and dedication. It has taught me so much!
I love you sweet Gray! You are my boy with angel blood and i miss you everyday! But I would not want you to be anywhere else during these 2 years because I know it will make a huge difference in your life. I love you my boy! Have an amazing week!
love infinity plus infinity and even more than that!
mom
PS Send lots of pictures!!!
Comments
Post a Comment