Skip to main content

April 29, 2018 from Mom

Hi my love!  

Happy P day!  I'm so anxious to hear about your week.  How are Gabriel and natalie doing?  We have been praying for them.  How is your greenie doing?  Is he becoming a good missionary?

So I have a couple of questions that came up while I was reading the Brazil missionary mom page.  It seems like Brazil sells deodorant only (not the typical combo of anti persperant and deodorant like we have here).  Do  you need me to send some to you?  Also it seems like contact solution might be tough to get.  How are your supplies of these two things?  

Did the mission supply you with a water filter straw?  I can't remember if I sent one with you.  Did they give you mosquito nets or spray?  Do you get mosquito bites?  

Is the weather changing?  I have a light weight pair of long johns for you so I'll send them in your next package.  Are you warm enough at night?  

We had a hard working week.  The bummer is we spent all day saturday at the flip house and basically painted the banister on the staircase and removed the hot tub.  That is it!  In 6 hours!  It took 4 people 6 hours to remove that beast of a hot tub, but at least it is gone now.  It makes the back yard look so much bigger!  Also, the painters came in to paint the cabinets and should finish up today.  Because we didn't get much done on Saturday, we have a lot to catch up on this week!  We are trying to have the house on the market by May 20th and we have a list that is two pages long of lots of things we still need to do.

So the funny thing this week is that we noticed our tree in the back yard has become a new chew toy for the dogs.  They literally jump up to get a branch and then start chewing on it and try to get it off of the tree.  I'll send a picture because it looks like a wild animal has attacked our poor tree.  LOL

We celebrated Chelsea's birthday on Saturday night which was really fun.  It is so exciting that she is pregnant.  It is so funny because her hormones are making her so emotional. She literally cries over everything!  And Erik already cries over everything... so they are both a mess!  haha.  On Sunday, Kevin and Misti had Harper blessed in Ama and PopPops old ward in Plano.  It was such an awesome thing that they wanted to do that.  I know Kevin has a testimony.  He has limited knowledge, but what he does know, he knows with real power.  PopPop blessed Harper and Kevin (although he is only a priest... never got the melch. priesthood) was able to stand in the circle and hold the microphone.  The bishop made a point of getting Kevin in that circle.  It was a really sweet thing that I know Kevin really appreciated.  It was such a sweet and emotional blessing.  I think Misti was touched too.  Harper wore the same blessing dress that so many girls in our family have worn too.  Noelle was one of the first to be blessed in it.  Abby, Allie, Peyton, Katie, Sydney, and many more.  The dress is nearly 50 years old.  I hope someday your daughter will be blessed in it.  

I have been studying the book of Ether this week.  We are almost to the end of seminary and that means almost to the end of the Book of Mormon.  I actually feel a little sad.  I want to start from the beginning and read it again!  This book has changed my life and I'm so grateful I got to study it in such depth this year.  Chapter 12 in Ether is so important!  two of my favorite verses in the BOM are in this chapter... verses 6 and 27.  Verse 6 helps us to understand that we need to act in faith before we receive a spiritual witness.  The previous verses also teach us about hope.  I think the word "hope" in the BOM is a strong word. Much more than how we might think of hope as "wishful thinking."  If you also read Alma 58:11 and 2 Nephi 31:20 it will give you some additional insight to hope.  The words associated with it are words like "assurances" and "perfect brightness of hope."  So in Seminary, we decided to replace the word "hope" with "plan on it" when we read it in the book of mormon.  It is all about "trusting" the Lord and planning on Him coming through for you.  Here is a quote we read today that I really like:

"When we are unduly impatient with an omniscient God's timing, we really are suggesting that we know what is best.  Strange, isn't it? We who wear wristwatches seek to counsel Him who oversees cosmic clocks and calendars." Neal A. Maxwell.  That puts it into perspective, right?!  When you get frustrated with your investigators, companions and new converts and even with your own situation, remember to trust in the Lord's timing.  Hard to do but so important.  

I love you so very much G!  You are such an extraordinary person and son.  You make me so proud!  When Abby spoke up today in seminary about people who are examples of faith, she talked about you and Sam.  Thank you for being who you are!  I know the Lord must love me because He gave me you for my son.  

I love you infinity plus infinity and even more than that!

mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...