yo momma! So this week we planned the baptismal interview for Gabriel with our LD and turns out the mom kinda got scared and didnt allow it to happen/: She said that she wants him to have more of knowledge of what he is doing and of the doctrine of the church. She started off saying 6 months! But then the LD still did the interview and literally Gabriel came out saying he still wanted to be baptized this sunday. Then the Mom lowered the time to 1 month. So i should still be here. I still have no idea about a specific date but im hoping its in the next transfer. The frustrating thing was after she said all this, neither of them went to church cause they had a bday party on sunday. But she promised she would be there with him next week so im thinking the church should do a good job in reaffirming her that he is in good hands. Natiele also was a struggle. We just ran around all week and literally never found her. She is always in this non active members house. But we are trying not to teach her there cause its just not a good environment there with the non actives who really dont have an interest in the church anymore. But we did find a family this week!!! A family of 6!!! 4 kids! but none of them are 8 years old yet lol. But the parents want an eternal marriage so bad. They remind me so much of that family with Rosanna and Edson that I was bringing to church in Freguesia. I still dont think they are baptized yet cause they are still working on wedding papers but i willl check with Aguiar soon. This family is super poor but they are pretty awesome and asked the greatest questions like "What is Gods plan for us after this life?" They were a bright spot in this week! Elder Jairo is doing well. Definitely growing into a good missionary. He is doing more contacts now and I think he likes it here.
I think that they have the combination here. I bought a spray version that they have here and im liking it. Ive also seen products from Old spice too so i think i should be good. Contact solution I dont know about but i still have more than 2 full containers so dont worry about that yet. I will look in a big grocery store next time i go. Yeah i got a water filter straw but it would be impossible to use here lol. Im already used to the water and have no problems. I couldnt ask water from a poor person here and take the cup and pour the water into my filter and drink it lol. I dont get mosquito bites but we have bug spray just in caase. The weather is still hot but i think it will start to slightly cool down starting now. You dont need to send long johns cause i already have some and im perfectly fine at night.
Dang the house had a hot tub? But isnt that taking value out of the house? Its crazy how long some stuff takes. its the same thing with cars, sometimes you think something will be fast and easy and ends up taking 4 hours. The new paint should make a big difference! Haha the dogs seem so bored that they have decided to start eating the tree! lol
That is awesome about the baby blessing of Harper! Im surprised that they even wanted to do that. I feel the same way about kevin! I feel like he just needs someone who has lots of knowledge in the gospel to explain everything for him and answer his questions. Hahahh hes still a priest but thats awesome that he got to stand in the circle! Why did they do it in that ward? Does kevin know people in that ward?
I really love the assurance of hope that is provided in the scriptures. As well as peace like explained in John 14. Its crazy cause sometimes you have to think that the blessings wont come for a while or even until the next life but they always come!! I also love the quote from Neal a maxwell. it really puts things in perpective and almost makes you laugh bout it.
Thats awesome about abby!
love you mom!
Elder G
Comments
Post a Comment