WEEK WAS INCREDIBLE! well the whole week actually no, but who cares cause the baptism and wedding were absolutely incredible. I think i just baptized a family that will be in the temple here in a year and will have 4 kids who serve missions, mom. I am soooooo happy. Can you imagine the fruit of this baptism? This is literally what i had pictured in my mind when i thought about a mission as a kid. I thought of a picture with everyone in white ready to be baptized. this week, i got that!!! The "legal" part of the wedding on wednesday was cool. NOthing crazy special but they were super happy and it all went great and we got good pics. I even got to be a witness of their wedding and sign on the paper!
Then we had the ceremony and baptism on saturday. More that 65 people showed up!!! our goal was 30! We did get to bring 2 investigators which was cool. HE CRIED MOM! She walked into the room while "perfect" by ed sheeran was playing (talk about trunky lol). He then started to wipe away the tears off his face. Go listen to that song haha. i ran to my companion and we just laughed, smiled, and cried lol. What a special moment that was. And then the baptism was awesome. I got to baptize Pamela and confirm Rafael and vise versa with Elder Jairo. The spirit was strong and i know they had an amazing. They felt such a big support from the ward. Everyone brought food, and cake, and drinks and we all ate afterwards which was sooo cool. I will try to send you some pics and vids in another email. I cant say enough about how cool it was.
The rest of the week was aight. We did 1 new investigator this week. Im just feeling a big feeling of rejection here haha. We cant even do contacts cause everyone leaves our side of the street. But its all good. We have 3 options for this week. ONe is João who was finally at church this week. Another is an older lady Rosaria. and another is a 16 year old girl Gabriela. She kinda broke down to us literally in church this week and told us that she almost got pregnant a couple weeks ago and had to take a plan B. The first talk in sacrament meeting was a young girl who talked about how we are responsible for our own decisions. I think it hit Gabriela really hard and she was crying. But we were able to give her a blessing of comfort after church which was cool. Maybe she will take some more time, but we will see. I probably just have this last week here in Simus. Transfers are next week.
For pday this week we played soccer and had a big bbq it was dope. i have pics.
Hahah riggs looks funny with his tail not shaved. That is good about the house. At least its having a few showings. But seriosuly the house looks so good mom! Seriously looks incredible. i loved the pics.
How many days will the vacation be? sounds pretty fun! 3 cool places! I miss Utah so much! Yeah i remember those families and also that would be dope to eat with sams mission president. Wouldnt work to well with mine. I think he will stay here in brazil after his mission. I know he has a son that studies at BYU I. SO maybe he'll be in the US at some point but he doesnt speak english either. HAHA poor parker, well at least they both have had to go through their family on a cruise during their mission. Holy moly i cant believe abbby will be 18 that is crazy! And also fathers day is already next sunday??
hmmm about the topic of priesthood...Iwould talk a little about Ministering from the last general conference. Idk i just think it has been cool to be able to use my priesthood so much here on the mission. I'm baptizing, confirming, giving blessings of comfort, and blessings of health. I did all four of those things just this weekend! its cool to know that people trust in the priesthood so much and that they look for missionaries like me to help administer to them.
Love the quotes! sorry im trying to write fast cause i have so many pictures to look through. Ill try to send a few in a second
love you mom!
Elder G
Comments
Post a Comment