Skip to main content

June 17, 2018 from Mom

Hi sweet boy of mine!

So what is the news on transfers?  You've had such a great few months in Sorocoba I'm sure it will be difficult to leave ... if you are leaving.  

How was you week?  Was Gabriela able to be baptized?  How about Joao and Rosaria?  Are they progressing? I think about Pamela and Rafael a lot and feel so excited for their future.  I loved the video last week.  So sweet to see the ward come together for them.  

We had a bit of a crazy week.  Lots of good and some bad too.  Im sure Sam will tell you but he had an accident on his scooter.  I sent you some pics of his injuries.  He can give you more of the details but I think it came down to a driver who was texting and almost hit Sam head on.  He jerked to get out of the way and slid on his scooter.  He has some very nasty road rash.  He said when the doctor was cleaning his wounds, it was the most pain he has ever experienced.  I'm incredibly grateful it was not worse.  

Well, that was the bad.. Now the good.. We had a really fun birthday party for Abby.  We rented this blow up slip and slide which was actually more fun than we thought it would be.  She has a really fun group of friends right now and they were all really nice and fun.  We had tons of food and I think she had a great 18th birthday.  Then on Sunday we had the family over for Father's Day.  It was really fun.  Just kinda chill.  No games or anything but we ate and sat around talking and laughing.  It's a different dynamic now with a baby in the group.  If Harper is fussy, Kev and Misti get kinda stessed.  But mostly she is a great baby.  I don't think they know how difficult babies can actually be.  She is already sleeping through the night and doesn't cry that often.  She is adorable and sooooo fat!

Riggs is doing much better.  He was having such bad allergies from the grass ever since spring came.  He would basically bite his paws to scratch and they would start to bleed.  Then he was scratching his face and he had cuts near his eyes.  So we went to the vet and got him started on allergy shots and its like he is a new dog.  He's so happy now and back to himself.  

I spoke in church on Sunday and I think it went pretty well.  I spoke about the blessings of the priesthood.  Here are a couple of quotes that I used that I really liked:

Sheri Dew said, “As women, we do ourselves an injustice if we assume that only men need to understand the priesthood. And we diminish God’s power when we equate holders of the priesthood with priesthood power. Statements such as, ’we would like to thank the priesthood for setting up the chairs,’ or ‘I’m so grateful to have the priesthood in my home,’ are not accurate and do not do the priesthood justice.  Priesthood is not synonymous with men. Priesthood holders are men.  “The Priesthood” refers to keys, authority and power – God’s power.”

Elder Neil L. Anderson further clarifies this for us in his October 2013 conference address.  He said,
A man may open the drapes so the warm sunlight comes into the room, but the man does not own the sun or the light or the warmth it brings. The blessings of the priesthood are infinitely greater than the one who is asked to administer the gift.
To receive the blessings, power, and promises of the priesthood in this life and the next is one of the great opportunities and responsibilities of mortality. As we are worthy, the ordinances of the priesthood enrich our lives on earth and prepare us for the magnificent promises of the world ahead. The Lord said, “In the ordinances … the power of godliness is manifest.”
“There are special blessings from God for every worthy person who is baptized, receives the Holy Ghost, and regularly partakes of the sacrament. The temple brings added light and strength, along with the promise of eternal life.4
All of the ordinances invite us to increase our faith in Jesus Christ and to make and keep covenants with God. As we keep these sacred covenants, we receive priesthood power and blessings.”
At the end of the meeting, President Platt stood up and said he felt impressed to tell the priesthood holders that they needed to be prepared at all times and worthy priesthood holders.  He said that the time would be coming soon that the men would be called on to use their priesthood authority in miraculous ways.  So interesting!  

I love you so very much sweet boy!  I'm excited to hear where you will be serving next.  If you're transferring, tell me all you know about the new area.  Will you still be a district leader? Trainer? 

xoxox  
mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...