Hello young man! How is my favorite missionary? I can't wait to hear about your week. How are Pamela and Rafael? I love the pictures you sent last week with their kids. I want to hear more about João, Rynatan, and Lais. I'm pretty sure I'm mispronouncing all of their names when I pray for them:) lol You are going to hit your 9 month mark this week! Can't believe it!
So the first thing to update you on... Dr. Watkins was out for a run this week and was hit by a car. He is still in the hospital and we don't have much info but I do know the area he runs has a speed limit of 55 mph and so I'm worried it was a very bad accident. Sister Leland, who is a teacher at light farms, said that his injuries are significant and that he will probably not ever return to the same as he was. So we are really praying for his recovery. I'm pretty shaken up by it. Life can change so quickly. He will have some difficulties ahead. He is such a great man... I knew you'd want to know so you can keep him in your prayers.
Its been a crazy week at the flip house. So. Much. Work.. But we are wrapping up now. The photographer is coming today (MONDAY) to take pictures. After that I'm sure we will still have a few things to touch up but it should be on the market by Tuesday. Definately say some prayers about this being a success for us! I hope this will be profitable for our investor so he"ll want to do a lot more of this. I'll send you the pictures from the photographer. I think the house looks great! My brother Kenny came into town this week. He helped us so much. He is really good at this stuff and just knew how to get things done. I was really grateful for him! Sunday night we got together at Brookes house for dinner with everyone. It was a lot of fun. Chelsey is now 16 weeks pregnant and her belly is starting to show.
Have you finished your Old Testament reading? How is it going? I'm starting a new book called Revelations in Context. It tells all of the context and conditions surrounding the revelations in the D&C. I'm really interested in this kind of info because it helps to understand why and how the revelation came about. I'm only 1 week out of seminary and I'm already thinking about next year.
We were working on Abby's BYU I schedule today. She registers for classes on Tuesday. So crazy! I'm really excited for her but it will be so hard to drop her off. I'm not a fan of an empty nest! I miss my babies at home!
President Nelson gave a devotional for the youth last night. He had so many great things to say. This was one of my favorites and it made me think of you. "When you know our life is being directed by God, regardless of the challenges and disappointments that may come, you will feel joy and peace." He also asked the youth to do a few things to help them change the world. Here is his list:
1. Hold a 7 day fast from social media.
2. For 3 weeks, give up something you like to do and use that time to gather israel.
3. Do a thorough life assessment with the Lord.
4. Pray daily that all of God's children might receive the blessings of the gospel.
5. Stand out and be different from the world.
Love these words from the prophet. I thought you might not get the chance to hear this so I wanted to share them with you.
I adore you my outstanding, loving son. You have an amazing week! Can't wait to hear from my boy!!! xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment