hello my gorgeous son!
I'm writing you from Noelle's house:) We made it to Utah after a nice weekend in denver. Granpa Tom is not doing well. He is having a really hard time getting around. It's sad to see and I can tell that it is getting to him. He got emotional a little bit while we were there. I think it is also hard on Gayle because she is a real caretaker for him now. She doesn't have as much freedom anymore. We were there 2 1/2 days and to be honest it felt long! LOL. When we were on a flight leaving Denver Abby asked us what was our high and our low for the weekend. Dad said his high was sleeping and his low was being awake. HAHAHA We had fun on Saturday when we went to Silver Plume and rode the old train that goes up the mountains. It is off of highway 70 where we took our Colorado vacation. So beautiful! Then on Sunday we went to church with Tom and Gayle. It was pretty good. They have a preacher that was really old but really cute. It was interesting is the best way to describe it.
Now we are in Utah and we are hanging out with Dani and her family tomorrow and then Tuesday I think we'll take a hike. I'm thinking of Donut Falls. What do you think about that? Then we will have dinner with President Crapo and his wife. Not sure about what we will do for 4th of July yet but then on Thursday we drive up to McCall.
A couple of showings on the investment house but no bites. We just lowered the price so I'm hoping that gets us some new interest.
How was your week? Did you get to watch the soccer game on Wednesday? It was pretty exciting! It is Sunday night as I write this but we plan on watching the game tomorrow morning. This is getting pretty exciting! I want to hear about your leadership meeting. And I think you have another one this week, right? How are Pamela and Rafael doing? hI loved hearing about your experience last week with the women you had lunch with. Any follow up on that? What were some of the best parts of your week? Anything funny? Also, I really want you to send me a tag picture. Try to take one this week! Pics of your apartment too!
I read this recently from Elder Bednar. I wanted to share it with you because I think it applies to all of us but it may help someone you are teaching sometime too. He said:
"Every person who has ever committed a sin—which is all of us—may wonder if he or she has repented fully and been forgiven. Sometimes members question why they remember the sin and the remorse. I was recently in Mongolia, and a young adult asked me a question about repentance and forgiveness. I used two water bottles to teach a lesson about these vital principles. I invited the young adults to imagine that the water bottles were filled not with water, but with dark, dirty sand. If we insert a single clean, pure grain of sand in one end, then a single dark grain of sand is forced out the other end. Has anything changed? Yes, but not in a dramatic or easily visible way. As we faithfully and consistently strive to eliminate the dirty sand, then eventually, the container is filled with only clean, pure sand. And that is similar to what happens to us and our painful memories of past sins. When we sincerely repent, are forgiven by the Lord, and strive to forgive ourselves, then through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, the stain of sin is removed and our garments are washed white (see Alma 5:21). May you and I truly come unto Christ and repent with sincerity of heart. I pray that we will seek through the Savior’s Atonement to have both clean hands and a pure heart, that we may become holy, without spot."
I love you so very much my amazing son! I can't wait to hear about your week.
infinity + infinity
mom
Comments
Post a Comment