Skip to main content

July 16, 2018 from Gray

yo yo momma! Holy moly isaac was called as AP too!!! goodness i almost feel bad like i need to be doing better lol. but i know that callings arent important as long as im giving my all. I know i still have room to improve so i try to make little steps to being the missionary i wanna be every week. i would be totally fine passing my mission without being AP, but i would like to be a zone leader just to have the opportunity to lead lots of people. i think it would be cool. but lets see. 

Thats awesome about seattle! seems like a pretty cool city! the space needle ive always wanted to do! glad you guys topped off your vacation well. any more while im gone or is our next vacation gonna be next summer with the BOIS?😉

Thats crazy about the house that you guys were able to clean up that mess before leaving. Hope that you guys have a steady amount of showings this week. I think that this week everything will start to work out. Thats also awesome about the other listing. You have 3 listings just recently! 

I really liked D&C. I marked it up a ton. its full of great stuff to apply in our lives today and especially to missionary work. i think it will be a great way to help your class prepare for serving a mission (well those that want to). There are some greatttt examples of missionaries in d and c. people that let go of everything to serve and even leave a family that they had already created. And what a blessing the temple ordinances are in our lives now! so cool and so fun to teach about the temple to our investigators. Its awesome that God chose humble, simple people to restore this church on the earth again. 

HAHA well i HOPE its my last two weeks here. i love this area, but any area wears you down after so much time. I would be fine staying here in sorocaba honestly but just going to another area. we had a zone conference this week but i thought it was maybe the weakest of my mission. but its all good. ive got plenty of motivation to keep going. President isnt even doing interviews this transfer which is kinda annoying. But we had a zone meeting the other week and everyone bragged on us cause we were the only companionship to fulfill the goals of the mission last month in our whole zone. that was cool! tomorrow i will have a district meeting and do a training about how to work with members better. 

we have like 6 or 7 people with baptismal dates right now. but its all about finishing now which is the hardest part. praying that we have like a solid 4 that work out. for this week i think we have one baptism. its actually kinda a miracle. its the girl that was in the pday picture from last week in the restaraunt. she just came into town to visit her dad who is a recent convert. we taught her a little bit last week. but then she left and went back home like 12 hours away. she said she would only return in a year or so. but this week we found out that she already wants to return and i think we will baptize her. its truly a miracle from God i feel super grateful that it is working out right. Her dad wants it so bad i can tell so im hoping it works out for the both of them The rest of the people will be left for the last week which is a little nervracking but im praying that things will work out. 

im all good about sally. i know it will work out for the best. and yes im totally down to go out with saylor. maybe even better if shes on the mish honestly. hahah definitely a great family to marry into💰💰 hahah im sure they are great actually. im so excited to hear about sam and the program. im hoping so much that it works out. what is his plan b??

so excited for the package! should receive it at the transfer! and yeah its pretty crazy to think about the hump day coming up. honestly at my 11 month mark ill already have just a year left so that will be big too. it will just be comforting to pass through. 

goodness sam is freaking killing it. that is crazy. im super proud of him and it seems like hes happy with his life right now. hes a freaking stud! yeah i told him he could use my money. buttttt he said he would take the hit if he lost money on one of the atvs. he only wanted to use my money to make a little bit bigger investments. so thats the condition. also i just want you or dad to look over it how much he is taking out and putting in and write it down or something. 

i love you mom like crazy. thank you for everything
elder g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...