Skip to main content

July 29, 2018 from Mom

Hello sweet boy!

SO tell me about your week!  Were you able to have any more baptisms?  I'm sure there is a lot of pressure on your last week in an area.  And my next question is, what is the news about TRANSFERRSSSSS???  Where are you going?  Who is your comp?  Are you spending the day with all the people you love in Sorocaba?  I would think as ready as you are for a change, it will be so tough to leave them.  How are Rafael and Pamela and their family taking it?  

Parker is getting transferred tomorrow.  Andrea sent me pictures of his new area and it is incredible beaches.  I think that would actually be hard for a missionary because you can't really enjoy it.  It just taunts you to look at it.  Plus it is about 100% humidity.  Parker had white mold growing on his suit in his closet.  LOL

I'm excited that you'll be able to get your package.  Hopefully its there!!!  I'm sending another one this week that will be your "hump day" package to celebrate your half way mark.  That is crazy!  Counting backwards the second sounds a lot faster.

It has been a quiet week.  It has been so hot no one wants to do anything.  But today it is only in the 80s and we are expecting some rain!!!!  The whole week will only be in the 90s which is a huge relief for us.  We had days that were 112!  Dad and I finished the week at the temple.  It was really nice and we went out to dinner with the ward after to Torchys.  On Sunday, Christina Doyle gave her homecoming talk and Dayton Hendricks also reported to our ward.  His family came back from Germany so he could give his homecoming here.  He is a great kid and sounds so mature and funny too.  It is amazing to see the transformation of someone who serves a mission.  I'm not sure if you remember this but he served in Roseville California (where I grew up) so we had a fun time talking about it.  His mission nurse is Diane Dwyer (Kellie and Lauries mom) so he told me some funny stories about her.  

We thought we had a buyer for the flip house but it turns out they couldn't afford it.  Truthfully I'm struggling a little about this right now.  I know I need to just have faith, but sometimes I struggle.  I just want my timing on things and I know I need to trust the Lord more.  It is just difficult.  I understand that sometimes it feels like the Lord is silent when we need him so much.  We feel like we are left alone when we need him most.  I can't say I haven't had those thoughts.  But I want you to know that I still have faith in my Savior.  I know he is watching me as I struggle in this furnace for a while.  I continue to pray and go to the temple and plead with him.  I just want you to know that life will be tough at times and you won't understand why certain things have to happen this way.  But I also want you to remember that although you may feel alone, you never are.  It is sometimes easier to say than to live, but I'm trying my best to live it right now.  I'm not bitter.  I just continue to pray for understanding, patience and His help.  I don't have a story that ends with a miracle right now.  Maybe I will or maybe I won't but I'm going to stand firm.  I just want you to know that that is who I am and that hopefully you will receive strength from it someday when you need that ability to stand firm even when you don't understand.  I know the answers, the light and the help will come.  I saw this quote today and it helped me: "Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think that you've lost time. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is the right time." 

I hope what I wrote doesn't worry you.  I don't ever want you to worry about us at home because we are great!  But I wanted to share with you some things on my mind lately because it is how we stay close and I feel connected to you.

You are my treasure, Gray!  I love you so very much and I can't wait to see what is next up for your mission!  Have an amazing week and remember I'm always with you!  

infinity plus infinity
mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...