Skip to main content

August 27, 2018 from Gray

yo yo yo momma!!! well im not gonna lie to you i became really really happy. So i ended up sending sally a short email last week and i just saw what she responded to me. It made me pretty happy. If youd like you can go read the emails. Im still gonna not talk to her until i think Christmas at least. Theres just no point right now ive still got almost a year. But at Christmas ill feel a little closer and maybe like we can talk about some things. 

WOW ELDER BALLARD AND ELDER SOARES WERE SOOO GOOD. And holy crap i forgot to take pics of my notes. During my study time this morning I translated all my notes into english for you but then forgot to take pics. ughhh...But I can tell you a little about it. So I thought maybe the coolest thing of the whole day was when Elder Soares first walked into the room. Mom I felt the spirit so strongly. It was crazy. He literally said nothing but just the presence of him in the room was a testimony to me that he was sent from God to be an apostle in Jesus' church. Wow that was cool. Elder Ballard challenged each missionary to talk with 10 people every day and if we do we will baptize more. Im excited to take on the challenge. He also said that we really have no idea what the Lord has in store for us after our missions. It gave me lots of comfort continually as I think about God being the creator of my plan. I remember what you said about "how can we doubt the creator of this world?" I know he has got a hold of things and has big plans for me. He also talked about the white handbook of rules and how we shouldnt look at it as a problem but chance to follow Christ and represent him. Ill send the notes next week, sorry mommaa......
So i saw Elder Kendall, one of my best buds from the MTC. and also saw my first companion in the MTC Elder Abel. It was pretty fun. And elder Kendall and Elder Melton from the MTC will definitely good buds for after the mission. I didnt end up seing Tucker Sparks which sucked.

So we ALMOST baptized Analici and Celio this week. They were so close and even brought baptismal clothes to church on sunday but ended up deciding not too. We are not too worried cause they are kinda just postponing it not cancelling it. So it should happen soon. Our recent convert Amanda was so awesome. We taught a great lesson to her this week about the Iron Rod. She talked about how she recieved several comments from INSIDE her family the day of her baptism but she is super firm and actually wants to bring several people to church. She said she felt the same thing that I felt when Elder Soares entered in the room when Elder Lima of the 70 spoke in our stake conference this week. We also have a baptismal date planned with a teen girl Aline who is a friend of a member for this saturday. She seems to be firm and we are excited to help her out this week. Other than that we are always on our look for new people. SO just on saturday alone 6 new people who live in our area said they wanted a missionary visit after going to our english class. It is working out super super well and we are teaching a ton because of it. 

That is an awesome thought about Christ. I really feel so disconnected from the bad things in my old life and from worldly things. I know ill never be the same because of my mission and because the experiences the Lord blesses me with. I hope while im here I can also have success taking my investigators out the the world and blessing them with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You have no idea what your support means to me mom. its just a pick me up every monday. Im so thankful for you and for everything you do for me. I cant wait for the moment we are all back together again, but also want so bad to take advantage of the time i have left on the mission and continue to change my life and the lives of others. 

Thats awesome that you got to see friends and family!! Dani and her kids are super cute. and also you are super cute mom! You are looking skinny! Keep it up! Our fam is gonna be a fam of models when I get home! I already challenged dad to do "6 months to sexy" with me during the last 6 months of my mission hahaha. I think it would be awesome if we all did it together. 

thanks for the pics of my stuff. hahah i miss all that too. I hope Josh doesnt get beat up too bad in football! his size is tough on him i feel for him. 

Im glad seminary went well! haha the first day is always smooth mom(;

Did you happen to take pics of those jeep lists?? if not, just try to do it during this week! Id rather you respond to me faster than take the pics now

I LOVE YOU MOM!
Elder G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...