Hi Elder G!!!! How is my son??? I'm so excited to hear about your conference with Elders Ballard and Soares. Tell me all about it! What did they talk about? I hope you took good notes and can send me pics of them:) Did you see anyone you knew from the other mission?
How did your week go? Who are you teaching now? How are things with your comp? I hope they are going well.
I had a really great week in Utah at Education Week! Wow! I came home so on fire. It's like EFY for grown ups. I really learned so much. Of course I listened to several classes that were about Joseph Smith and the D&C because that is what I'm teaching this year in seminary and I learned so much. I also went to several classes about revelation and how to gain more access to it. It was so good. I wish I could just sit down and tell you all about it. Here is one of my favorite thoughts from the week:
"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and then they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior but Christ can change human nature." When I heard this, I thought about you and Sam serving missions. I used to think you went on missions to take you out of the world. But then I realized He sent you to Brazil to take the world out of you. You are changing my boy, in such important ways. Keep working hard. Keep you eyes focused on the Savior. I'm so very proud of you.
While I was at Education Week, I got to visit with some of my friends from back in the day. I sent you a picture of that. I also got to spend some time with Dani and her girls. They are so adorable. I'm not kidding that you will never meet a happier child than Winnie. When dad and I take Abby to Idaho, we will be in town for Piper's baby blessing so I'm happy about that. Piper is allergic to tons of food so Dani is very limited on the food she can eat since she is breast feeding her and all her food goes straight to the baby. Like seriously all she can eat is meat and veggies. It is crazy. But Piper is doing so much better now so it's worth it.
FYI it is Isaac's birthday on Friday so you might want to shoot him an email. Turning 21! So crazy!
I also took some pictures of your things in Noelle's downstairs closet just waiting for you to get home. I got a little teary when I saw your cowboy boots, your snowboard and school things. I miss you my boy. I wouldn't want you anywhere else at this point in your life. But it doesn't mean that I don't miss you.
We went to one of Josh's football games. It wasn't pretty but Josh played pretty well. His size is going to be a problem the older he gets. There were just some really big boys on the other team that took him out. He has great hands but not much blocking going on out there so he got his bell rung a couple times.
Today was my first day at seminary. I think I'll have a good class. They behaved today... but so far it's just been day one:)
I love you my angel blood boy! I can't wait to hear from you today.
I love you infinity + infinity!
Mom
Comments
Post a Comment