Ok baby. What happened last tuesday?!!!! Where are you? How is your new comp? I've been sooooo anxious to hear about it all! How was your meeting with President? How was saying good bye to everyone in Sorocaba? Did you get my package?
Well we had a good week at home. It seems like the weeks are going by so quickly now. It is starting to hit me how hard it will be when Abby leaves and all of you guys are gone. I miss my kids soooooo much! Abby is such a great friend to me. So I'm not just losing my daughter, I'm losing one of my sweetest friends too. The struggle is real my sweet son!
AND Happy 11 months! Can't believe it! This month went so quickly!
On Saturday I had a seminary training all day. I wasn't excited to go but it turned out to be really good with some great reminders that will help me teach this year. We talked a lot about setting higher expectations for our students. One thing that stuck with me is that we talk all the time about this generation being one of the greatest of Heavenly father's children, so it is time that we treat them that way. We need to expect effort and growth and great things from them. I think it was Elder Christofferson that said, our Heavenly Father is a God of high expectations. We have to become holy if we want to receive the tremendous blessings that await us in the eternities.
So with that in mind I've decided to make our theme this year in Seminary "I have learned for myself" as we study D&C and church history. I know Joseph Smith did not come out of the sacred grove with a church handbook. He had lots of steps (line upon line) and learning to do to grow into the man he became with the testimony that he had. I'm excited for my own growth and testimony this year.
We had a fun family get together on Saturday night with everyone over at the Waltons. We didn't do much but just eat and talk and laugh. We haven't gotten all together in a while so it was fun. We're planning another one for next month right before Abby leaves. We're going to rent a big, blow up slip n slide like we did for Abby's birthday. It should be pretty fun because even the adults will be playing on it. It seems like we just had our bowling night before we sent you off to college!
I'm working on staging the flip house in hopes that it will look more appealing. I think a lot of people don't have the vision to determine what to do with a big empty house. So I'll have to give them a little help:) Hoping it will make a difference.
We fasted for you today my love. I hope you can feel our love and prayers. You are always part of our conversations and are never far from my thoughts.
I love you soooo very much! I can't wait to hear about this week!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment