Hi sweet boy! Wow what a week! Jackson (abby’s friend) left a week ago and it feels like that was 1 month ago! I think Abby and I drove over 2000 miles this week! I’m on a flight now flying back home and can I just say.. I’m so happy I’m not driving!
But the drive was actually fun. Abby and I left last Tuesday morning and drove all the way to Ft. Collins CO. It took us about 14 hours but it was nice to get a big chunk done the first day. Ft. Collins btw is such a cute city. Way nicer than Denver and it is only about 40 miles north of it. Then we drove to Draper the next day and that took about 6.5 hours. We did some Costco shopping, etc. and hung out with the Sandersons and Sam. Then Thursday morning I rented a car and we drove both cars up to Rexburg. Another 3.5 hours. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere (as you know) but I really like it. I sent you some pictures of Abby’s dorm. Its a great location and so cute! I like her roommates too. Three are seniors and there is one other freshman. One of the seniors is studying accounting and she is your age (graduation in 2016). She is finishing up this year because last year she took 20 credit hours each semester! She said it almost killed her. That is just crazy talk!
Aliza has been spending hours everyday on Mutual and had 3 dates her first night there! lol Abby is not going to date anyone until Jackson leaves on his mission. I actually think it is a good thing for her because she will be able to focus more on school a little more this first semester. Aliza is going to have a struggle with that!!!
I stayed in Rexburg until Saturday and I know Abby was ready for me to go. She had so much fun and met some cool people already. It was REALLY hard for me to leave her but knowing she is so happy takes some of the sting out of it. I think she is already thinking of changing her major from nursing. I don’t think she is passionate enough about it to sacrifice her college years. She wants to have some fun too and I think nursing would be a real struggle for her. I think she might do something that is called a Child Life Specialist. I worked with one when you were in the hospital when you cut your fingers. They help children deal with the trauma of illness/injury and also help the parents learn how to cope better. I think she might really like that. She’d study a lot of child psychology.
I drove back to Draper Saturday and missed the BYU game. And guess what??? They beat Wisconsin (ranked #6) on the road!!! They played great! I’m hoping it isn’t a fluke and that they actually are good this year! Monica’s nephew is a freshman and is a starting receiver. So I’m thinking of going to a game out there at the end of October with her. It would be so fun and hopefully Abby could come down too.
Sunday I went to Piper’s baby blessing (Dani’s new little baby). It was really great and I got to spend some time with her whole family. Then I went to Provo and some of sam’s girl friends invited us to have dinner at their house. They ended up having about 12 people over and I got to tell everyone my old college roommate stories:) It was really fun actually and then Sam took me for a quick ATV ride! I didn’t want to leave! I just kept thinking this week how lucky I am that my kids are my favorite people to spend time with. I’m so proud to call each of you my children. You guys are incredible! I feel an outpouring of blessings from Heavenly Father when I think of you three. I tell everyone I meet about my incredible son serving in Brazil right now. I'm one very proud momma!!
I can’t wait to hear about your new companion and transfer! Tell me everything! I love you so very much my amazing son. You are precious to me!
Infinity plus infinity and even more than that.
mom
Comments
Post a Comment