Hello my love!
I hope you have lots of great things to report and maybe even a baptism or two that took place this weekend! Are Alessandra and Lucianno still progressing? Can't wait to hear! How is your toenail? Is it sore or red at all? If it feels warm or looks red it could be infected so don't mess around with that! Take all of your antibiotics until they are gone!
I'm so sorry that I literally have no pictures from this week. It was a busy week of taking care of crap at our house and the flip house. But everything seems to be in good shape now so hopefully that is behind us.
This week was a difficult one for me. Settling into the idea that you kids are all on your own now. It is a tough transition for me... that is for sure. I am so happy with where each of you are in your lives right now and so proud of who you are becoming. I guess I was just too good at my job and helping you grow into amazing, independent, successful adults:) LOL. I just miss the years of all of us under one roof. It's gonna take some adjusting for me. I know we will always be close and I know we will still all be together a lot... and I'm so grateful for the love we have for each other to make that happen. I don't want you to worry about me for a second... I just want you to know how incredibly loved you are and always appreciate the family we have.
We are also getting adjusted to our new ward. It's huge. I can't believe we just split all the wards and ours is so huge! We have 87 kids in our YM/YW group. There are some great families in our ward and it will be fun getting to know them. Sister Cordy and I have been hanging out together in church a lot. I really love the Cordys. Don't say anything to Isaac, but she told me yesterday that they thought Luke was doing so much better, but he refused to take a drug test at school this week and so they are so worried that he is back into bad stuff again. They are going to drug test him at home every week now. It is breaking their hearts.
My seminary class is going well. I feel like we are getting to know each other and so our discussions are getting better. We had the elders over for dinner last night. We have two really amazing ones again! One guy, Elder Rodriguez is 26 and a total stud! He is the only member in his family. I found out that the last time they came over (which was when we had Jackson staying at our house and 4 missionaries came over for dinner) his girlfriend of 5 years broke up with him earlier that week and said she wanted to marry a guy she'd known for 2 months. I didn't know that at the time, but he was devastated... as I know you can relate. He said he couldn't eat or sleep and he was ready to go home. But that night that he was here, I gave him a quote about his missionary service that will bless his life and his family. He said he put that quote up in his apartment and looks at it everyday and it has helped him stay on his mission. I got teary over it because I felt like I was talking to you and hearing your experience. They said the sweetest prayer before they left and it was mostly for you. It was a great night!
Are you hearing lots of rumors about the upcoming General Conference???? There are so many rumors swirling around here! Lots of people are saying that we will be moving to a 2 hour church block rather than a 3 hour. Hmmmm. Lots of people excited about that. I think the Prophet is trying to put more responsibility back on the families to teach the gospel in their homes. Sam said his bishop let it slip yesterday that they are going to give people the option to serve a service only mission (not teaching the gospel). So I guess that could be another announcement. It would be a great option for ym and yw who want to serve a mission but struggle with anxiety or have other issues. I was thinking about Branson Shumway for example. (Monica's son who has Aspergers) He never served a mission because it would be really difficult for him, but a service only mission might be possible. I bet they have shorter terms too. Many church leaders have been saying that there is a snowstorm of changes coming! So interesting! I think President Nelson is really open to these changes and so he is seeking direction from the Lord on how to do things better as a church and what works for us today. It is an exciting time to be in the church!
I love you my amazing son! Have the most incredible week! Keep me in your pocket and take me with you!
love,
mom
Comments
Post a Comment