Hi my sweet boy!
How was your week?? I've kinda lost track of your transfer date. Is it this week or next? What is the follow up to your baptisms last week? Were you able to clear up things with those kids?? I can't believe what the bishop said! I've shared that story a few times this week. Its funny/not funny. LOL
You stories have actually helped me as I have been studying the D&C this year. The church has been in Brazil for 50 years or more and yet people still get things wrong, even leadership. When I think about the early church, it is easier for me now to understand how long it takes to establish a church. When Joseph Smith walked out of the sacred grove he didn't have a church handbook. But on top of that, he didn't even know about the Book of Mormon or that he would be organizing the Lord's church on the earth. And then many of the blessings of revelation we have received about the establishing of the Lord's church came as a result of asking. Joseph and oliver cowdry were translating the BOM and were probably reading about the Nephites being baptized and it caused them to pray and ask about it. It was then that the keys to the Aaronic priesthood were restored. That is so often the pattern of receiving truth. It comes from us taking our questions to the Lord in prayer. We were reading about Hiram Page ( one of the 8 witnesses of the BOM) telling the church members that he was receiving revelation thru a seer stone that he found. Many church members believed him although many of his teachings were opposed to the New Testament and the teachings of Joseph Smith. So again, JS takes it to the Lord in prayer, and from that we receive the revelation that His is a house of order. That only one person will hold all of the keys to direct the entire church and to speak for the Lord. It is great to know that the Lord directs us through the living prophet. We don't have to be confused and wonder. We can know that the words of the Prophet when he speaks for the Lord are the same as if the Lord were here speaking to us directly. The early organization of the church is often messy and chaotic. But it is with all things. The Lord uses imperfect people to bring about his gospel. But he allows us to work through our mistakes and grow and become strong.
I had a thought this week about how we had agency in the premortal life. It is an eternal truth so of course we had it before this earthlife too. For example, we know we chose HF plan and rejected Satan's deceptions. I thought about how I believe we had agency to choose who we would join in an eternal family. I believe we chose each other because of the relationshiips we had in the premortal life. I love thinking about us loving each other before we even came here. I think our family chose each other. I feel it to my core and know that is true.
So our week was fun! It was great to have Sam home for his birthday. It has been a few years since we had that chance! We had a great party on Friday and made yummy fajitas. We had so much fun. Sam and I are going shopping today and spending his birthday money:) Then he flies back to utah tonight. Abby spent the weekend in CA. I'm not even sure if she'll write you today because she flew out last night and got into Pocatello airport at midnight. I had her stay in a hotel that night and then she left at 7:00 this morning to drive to rexburg and she has to go straight to class. She is having a really tough time because she isn't really sure where she and Jackson stand. I think his dad is really putting pressure on him to break ties with Abby so he can focus better on his mission. He should get his mission call this week so at least we will know better about where and when he is going. There is so much uncertainty in his life right now and so knowing will help them make plans. I know abby really loves him so this is tough. She just wants to write him and support him but I'm not sure how this will go down. She is overwhelmed with school and is feeling sick on top of all of it so needless to say, this will be a tough week for her. Please include her in your prayers.
Stanton is setting Sam up with a really great girl in Provo. I think it is his nieces roommate. Originally, Stanton wanted to set him up with his neice but she is kinda dating someone. But she recommended that her roommate go out with him. She is a california girl looking for a southern texas boy:) We'll see how it goes. I think Sam is so ready to settle down. So Im really hoping something works out for him. It would bring him a lot of happiness. I've seen her pictures and she's really cute. She's also a return mish which is great too.
Okay baby boy. That is our week. I think Dad has had some clarity on how to move forward about his job. I'll let him tell you about that. We talked about you so much at Sam's birthday party. You are always part of our get togethers and we pray for you every time. I love you so very much sweet boy! Infinity plus infinity and even more than that!
Can't wait to chat!!!!
xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment