Hi MY LOVE!!!
I hope you had a great week:) I know you have so much work going on in this area and I've been praying for your continued safety and ability to find valiant people to teach. Are you working much on reactivating members? How is that going?
I've had a great weekend! As you can see from the pictures I'm in Utah... well actually I'm in Idaho right now. I drove Abby back to Rexburg yesterday and stayed here. I'm driving back to Utah in about 1 hour so I'll be driving when you get online. That means that I'll be talk texting my response to you so I'm giving you a heads up that it might not make complete sense! LOL. We had a really fun weekend together. I spent lots of time with Sam and Ab and also Kellie, Taylor (her daughter), Monica and her daughter Courtney (and her new husband Garrett). We had a lot of fun although the football game was a beating! BYU is pretty bad right now. They lost 7-6 to the "powerhouse" Northern Illinois. haha I'll be seeing Dani and her girls this week and hanging out in Utah until Thursday morning. Then I head to CA for a quick girls weekend. One of my good college friends lost her husband to cancer when they were only 30. She just got remarried a month ago to a friend of ours from byu. So I'm so happy for them. About 7 of us are going out to celebrate her new marriage with her. It should be really fun!
Abby is doing better. She is still pretty sad about Jackson but I know she is feeling stronger. She is not loving Idaho so she is pretty focused on trying to transfer to UVU next year. If she gets good grades for two years she could possibly transfer to BYU even in her Junior year. We will see. I'm just trying to help her focus on that goal.
I finally got a team teacher for Seminary so this is my first week of taking off and not worrying about a substitute or anything! It feels great actually! I really do like my class this year, but teaching every other week will be a game changer I think. Awesome!
I was studying something this weekend and that came up so I wanted to share it with you. I was reading D&C 121:45 "Let thy bowels also b e full of charity towards all men, and to the household of f aith, and let virtue garnish t hy thoughts unceasingly; then shall thy confidence wax stron g in the presence of God; and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distil upon thy soul as the dews from heaven." The context of this scripture is (talking a few verses earlier) about how many are called but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because they don't do the two things mentioned in v.45. 1. Let your bowels be full of charity and 2. let virtue garnish your thoughts UNCEASINGLY. The root word for virtue comes from virtus (meaning moral strength and courage like in battle or war) and it also is a root for the same word as "man." In other words, be a man of the most high moral strength. That is the sign of a real man. It is also interesting that the word is tied to war and battle. I believe we are in a fierce battle with Satan and in order to defeat him, we need people of the highest moral strength. Hope this makes a little sense. I just like the way it focuses on the need for noble men of virtue. It also made me think of you because you have become a man in every sense of the word!
Do you have a leadership or zone conference this week? I was thinking you had one coming up but I can't remember when.
I love you so much my angel blood boy! You are so loved! We talked about how much fun it will be if you and Abby and Sam are all in Provo for a year. I'll just camp out there.and hang out with my kids:)
I love you G! Can't wait to talk to my boy
xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment