Hi baby! How is my handsome boy??? How was your week? I had a VERY fun surprise from Vanusa!!! She sent me a video of you cutting your birthday cake. It was the greatest surprise! We communicated a little on FB messenger. I'm totally using google translate and so afraid that I'm actually saying something like "your mother is a pig." But I think we did pretty well. She is so sweet! Did she tell you we talked? I sent her some pictures of the dogs to show you.
We're just getting ready for Thanksgiving around here. We're going to eat at our house this year. Can you believe it... Dad and I actually hung real Christmas lights this year! They look really good except one strand that now wont light. ugh. We alternated red and white lights. I'll take a picture when we fix the non working strand. But you should know we won't be THAT house in our neighborhood anymore. lol!
Sam is home now for the week. Abby is going to Noelle's house because it was only about 2.5 days that she would be home here so she decided to stay there and go to Noelle's. Its good timing because Spencer just had hip surgery and is soooooo bored. So Abby can brighten things up a bit. Josh's football team just won state! He injured his shoulder so he didn't even get to dress for the game (just his jersey) but it was really exciting. And, he is only a freshman so he has a few more years to work at it.
So yesterday I got a call from a couple that was outside the flip house and had been looking at it online but wanted to finally get in and see it. So I ran over there to show them the house. They really love it and I think are very interested. I'm really hoping they will put an offer on it. I sent them some info this morning for a mortgage lender which they need so now we will wait and see. Hopefully next week I will have good news for you. Your extra prayers would be great right now:)
This whole experience with the flip house has had me asking lots of questions. And one of them is really trying to understand the reason for tribulation in our lives. Even when we are trying to do the right thing. Something that I read yesterday as I was studying section 58 in D&C is that tribulation is the curriculum of salvation. I liked how he used the word curriculum - like it is our classroom where we learn so much. I have felt such a mix of emotions about this experience. Gratitude for the opportunity to frustration as I have to go there every day to clean all the leaves out of the pool and sweep the back yard from the tons of leaves. But through this experience I'm reminded that trusting the Lord is sometimes not easy (especially when uncertainty is so difficult to deal with) but in the end never lets you down. I know He is aware of my struggles and loves me. I can't say that in my frustration I haven't felt abandoned at times. But the spirit has whispered to me lately that that is not true. I can feel his lifting my burdens and making them light (just like you talked about in one of your recent letters) and then I know he knows me and loves me. I hope this will work out with this couple. But I'm gonna trust the Lord that even if it doesn't, He won't leave me.
I love you so much G. I have allowed myself to start thinking about skyping you in about 5 weeks!!! I CANNOT wait. Do you know anything about transfers? Are they this week?
I love you sweet boy. With ALL my heart. keep me in your pocket and take me with you.
xoxoxox
mom
Comments
Post a Comment