yo yo momma! Our week was good. We still didnt baptize Alfredo which is a bummer but he is still progressing a lot so im not worried. The kid is really really good. We taught a super powerful lesson to him on Saturday. We thought he was maybe ignoring us a little during the week, but we talked with him on saturday and it was amazing. We explained why he needed to be baptized again. THen he said he thought he had already received his answer. I got scared cause it seemed like he was gonna say that his "answer" was not to be baptized again. But then he started to talk about the Plan of Salvation and how he had such a strong testimony of that. He started crying and it was such a cool cool moment. I was way proud of him. He still wants to have more certainty thats why he wasnt baptized but we will continue to help him this week. We also had success talking with that one couple we are gonna marry this saturday. This is the family that bishop said a bunch of crap to. But the husband is really progressing and we invited them both to baptism yesterday. We will follow up on Wednesday. Also we had a referral from President Edson and this lady has been to church the past 2 weeks with her son. We invited her to baptism as well and she said she wanted to know a little more. Then she told on of the members on sunday that after we left her house, she opened up the Book of Mormon to study a little and opened randomly to a page that was talking about baptism. WOW! So really a ton of cool, spiritual experiences this week. Also yesterday i was able to confirm Sara and I am always nervous when i confirm people, but i really feel like the Holy Ghost was talking and not me. The Portuguese flew out of my mouth perfectly and it was a really cool experience for me that strengthened my testimony.
I got my package!! iT is awesome mom thank you so much! THe shirt had me cracking up. and i alreaady ate a ton of the sweets hahah. Thank you so much mom I was seriously so happy when i saw the package.
I talked with Sister Ribeiro about the rash again and she said i could mark an appt with the health secretary so im gonna call him.
The zone is struggling a little. Our month of October was great but November was just ehh. But we are trying to have a great month of December. Im hoping that me and Elder Perigolo can attribute to this success.
no $100 should be fine! I gave Amanda her t swift CD and she got soooo happy. It was a cool moment. SHe is getting super super firm its awesome! Shes gonna go to the temple sooN!
That ward nativity looks awesome! we had a waard activity this weekend too! I think yalls nativity was a little better tho lololol. But it looks like the set up was awesome in the church. Good job momma!
I heard about George Bush. thats way sad. But that quote that his son said is incredible. I know he was such a great man. I would love to be an example to those around me like he was. I would love for people to know I am a servant of the Lord without having to say anytthing. Our Aps gave a training about Begin with an end in mind in our missionary work! it was really good. I already think all the time how i would like to be able to describe my mission on my last day here in Brazil.
I saw the come follow me manual yesterday. I am way pumped about it too! If the members are true to the program, their knowlede and testimonies will grow so much. Thats an exciting thing. Im way excited to study it as well. I need to ask president if he wants us to study it during the week so we can participate in the lessons on sunday.
I love that you are talking about the Core 4!! I love the core 4! I cannot even believe the change the mission has done to us. You can talk to them about the reward affter sacrifice. and how they wouldnt receive these rewards and blessings if it werent for the sacrifice before. I know our friendship will be even more strengthening and true BECAUSE of the sacrifice of our missions. I know that our family as well will be so much stronger BECAUSE of the sacrifice of my mission. You can share with them that scripture in alma when they see eachother after years of being missionaries and how happy they were to see they were still brothers in christ! I LOVE that chapter!
I love you mom! SO MUCH!
Elder Gurksnis
Elder Gurksnis
Comments
Post a Comment