What's up young man?? We are going to freaking talk to you in a week plus 1 day!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? We need to work out some details! I think we are 4 hours behind you. But we should double check when we talk today. Also, where will you be skyping from? How much time do you think you'll have? It's helpful if we can do it a little later like last year so we can at least get through breakfast/stockings. Everyone will be at our house so they are excited to talk to you too.
Tell me about your week. How is Alfredo? Ive been praying for him. I talked all about the Core 4 in seminary this week. I shared some of your letters and I think the kids loved it. I could tell they were really listening and some got motivated to serve. Speaking of seminary, although this is my fourth year, I think they want me to teach again next year. I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I really do love teaching and the kids, but I get burned out too. I think as long as I have a good team teacher (which I still don't really have yet - the one I do have just said she will need to be out of town for training for the whole months of Jan and Feb... ugh) I can do it. It is a very rewarding calling although it is really demanding. I'll be back to Old Testament next year which is where I started. The biggest bummer is that all of my lesson plans were written in my OT manual. I let Taylor (Sam's friend) borrow it when she was investigating the church and her mom found it and threw it away! UGH all of that work and preparation would have made next year a lot easier. Oh well.
Dad and I had a fun weekend. We went to a couples party at Bro and Sister Wilson's house. We laughed our heads off and had so much fun! The other people there were the Opfars, Steeds, Stringers, Smiths, Wilsons and us. It is really great to have friends in the gospel. We had so much fun and some of the games were a little racy (in a totally mormon way) but we had a great time. I'm grateful that we can laugh and make racy jokes but know that we are all striving for the same goals. The rest of the week has just been getting our decorations finally up and getting ready for Christmas.
Guess what arrived????!!!! I got your package back from Brazil!!! I want to resend it to you pretty quickly because I sent it to you back in September and I know you've needed those things for a long time now. It had garment bottoms, deodorant, razor sharpener, etc. The only thing missing is the pants. So tell me what you want exactly and I'll get them and send everything off to you.
I love you my boy! I'm keeping my letter brief today since we will be talking soon. I can't believe we get to talk in a week!! Face to face! I just have a quick message to share with you today. It is a great quote that I know you already live... but it is a great reminder.
"We must all suffer from one of two pains:the pain of Discipline or the pain of Regret. The difference is Discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons!"
Great food for thought, right?
I can't wait to hear allllll about your week. I love you so much my love!!!
Infinity + Infinity and even more than that!
mom
Comments
Post a Comment