Skip to main content

December 3, 2018 from Mom

Hello my son! 

How is my boy?  I have so many questions for you this week.  First of all, what do you know about transfers???  I'm anxious to hear.  Did you have some baptisms on Sunday?  Did they go through? 

So here are some things on my mind/questions:

1. I'm not sure if you heard but a man walked into an lds church congregation on Sunday in Goiana Brazil and stabbed four people.  I think they are all alive, but i was so terrified when I saw the headline.  I quickly looked up the city on my map to see how close it was to you.  Do you know anything about this?  Please be so cautious.  Another missionary died this week in the South Africa MTC.  My heart breaks for that family.  I'm reminded that you are in another country that isn't always safe.  Please don't get casual about your safety just because you are so used to living there.  Follow the spirit and do not go anywhere if you feel the slightest warning. Please also take care of your health.  How are the hives?  I love you my boy and I just want you to come home healthy and safe.  

2. Your Christmas package should be at the mission home or nearly there.  The delivery service is LDS Express.  They said to ask your mission office if the packages have been delivered yet.  If you are getting transferred and go to the mission home, you can check, but make sure that if it isn't there today, it should be delivered this week so call and see if you can get permission to pick it up if it comes later this week. Just ask if the LDS Express packages have been delivered.  

3. We talked briefly about us using some of our Christmas eve money to help out some people in Brazil.  I'd really like to do that.  But you'd have to do it annonymously so they don't know it came from a missionary.  Could you do that? Do you know some people we could help?  I guess if you are getting transferred that may complicate things.

4.  The Sandersons deposited $30 into your checking account as a Christmas gift:)

5. I want to hear about some of the lessons you think you've learned serving in this area.  

This was a boring but busy week for me.  I had 18 hours of continuing education to complete for my real estate license that was due on Friday so I was pretty busy with that.  Were also trying to get the house decorated for Christmas. Its a lot of work but at least the tree is up:)

I'm working on Pres. Nelson's request during the women's braodcast to read the BOM by the end of the year.  It is tough with all the studying I do for seminary but I'm determined to do it.  I think I have to read 10 chapters a day this month to finish!  LOL! But I'm gonna do it.  I've been reading so much (and listening to podcasts, etc) about church history to help with my study of the D&C.  I thought this year would be a little boring but it definately is not!  It's been really interesting.  I have learned how the gospel really was restored line upon line.  A little at a time.  So much of the revelation in the D&C comes as a result of questions asked by Joseph Smith.  As he was working on the translation of the bible and the BOM, many questions came up.  So they took those to the Lord.  It helps me to understand the importance of questions.  I think the Lord sometimes gives us only what we are ready to receive and more light and more information comes as we grow.  Certainlly that is how the church first started.  It was 50 years after the church was restored that more was understood about eternal families and the sealing process.  In the early church, many people thought they were supposed to be sealed to apostles and the prophet.  A lot of Joseph Smith's polygamist "wives" were just temple sealings more than actual earthly marriages.  I'm really learning so much and it helps me to have a greater understanding and appreciation for all these early saints went through.  I love that Joseph SMith was so willing to ask those questions so we could have the gospel restored.  He suffered so much to bring this gospel to us.  I'm grateful for for that.  

I love you my angel boy.  I have spent so much time this week worrying a little about your safety and so I'm grateful to get to talk to you today.  I am more excited than ever for our skype!  Wanna hear something amazing?  We have 11 missionaries in the field from our ward!  That is really incredible!  Calvin and Isaac are on that list along with my favorite, G!  

ps. Sister cordy and I are ministering partners so that is fun. We spend a lot of time talking about our boys.

I love you baby boy!  

mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...