Good morning my love! We have most of the decorations up for Christmas and that gets me so excited because I'm just that much closer to talking with you!
How was your week? Were you able to have those baptisms this week? Did you make it to the office for transfers? Did you get your package????!!!! I really hope so.
How is that rash? Did you talk to anyone about it?
How is your zone doing? Do you have any leadership trainings coming up?
Do you think you need more than $100 for gifts for people there? We can definitely do more if you need it.
Well this week was a busy one for me. I was put in charge of the food for the live Nativity that we were going to put on at Frontier park on Saturday. The forecast was looking pretty bad... very likely it would rain all day, so Saturday morning we met as a committee at the church at 7am and decided to move it to the church and set it up that day. I can't believe we were able to pull it off and it looked beautiful! I sent some pictures to you. It was definitely a christmas miracle! It was amazing to watch so many people pull together to make it happen and work so hard... many hours on that day. I think we get more people from the community to come when we have it at Frontier Park but it is nice to know we can pull it off in the church building if we have bad weather.
I'm starting to get to know more people in the ward. I really do like it. The only thing I don't like and can't get used to is sitting in a pew with just me and dad. I miss you guys! I miss our family being together. I don't know if I'll ever get used to this. ugh!
So back in the U.S. George H. W. Bush died this week. (the older one, not George W.). The funeral was amazing! He was an incredible man so full of integrity. The things that were said about him are things I hope can be said of me someday. One thing that his son said his dad was known for saying is "Preach Christ at all times. if necessary, use words." I love that. I wonder if people know that I'm a disciple of Christ without me having to tell them. I'm going to work on that! His funeral also reminded me of something I read in a great book by Stephen Covey who was a member of the church but also wrote one of the most famous business books of all time called "7 Habits of Highly effective people." One of the 7 habits that has always stuck with me is "Begin with the End in mind." So from a business perspective, think of what your desired outcome is and then work backwards to make that happen. What events would bring about that outcome? Stay focused on those things.
From a life perspective, he talks about thinking about what you would want said about you at your funeral, and then be the person that would make people say that about you. Do the things and be the person you hope to be at the end of your life. It's a great reminder of how to live a life with purpose.
Pop Pop is speaking in church next week so I'll try to record it and send it to you.
Dad and I have started looking at the new Come follow Me curriculum for home study. It is pretty awesome! We're excited to do it and want to do it as a family as well. You guys will have to do it on your own, but I'd like to discuss our thoughts with our family too. It's going to be a great thing.
I'm talking all about the Core 4 in seminary this week. I'm telling stories, sharing pictures, etc. I think it will help give my students some peace of mind to see how awesome you guys are doing inspite of worrying about leaving your life behind to serve a mission. (p.s. Jack Peterson moved into my class after football was over. He is such a great kid!) I think it will help them to know they can do it too. Any thing I should tell them about how you feel about the sacrifice you made to serve a mission?
I love you sweet boy of mine. More than the sun and the moon and the stars. Infinnity + infinity and even more than that! You're going to have an incredible week! I can feel it.
xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment