Skip to main content

January 13, 2019 from Mom

Hi my love!  How are things going in your new area?  I'm wondering if you know about transfers at this point?  How are things with your new comp?  Is your english improving??  lol  Is his Portuguese improving???!!!

We had a good week.  Just getting back into the routine after Christmas.  Almost all the decorations are put away.  Seminary started again this week.  I have a new team teacher... lol!  This is my fourth this year!  My last one is opening a greek restaurant and so she has to go to training for two months.  So they called a new teacher.  I think I finally have a teacher that feels engaged in my class like I am.  She is a retired dentist, about my age, and just moved here with her husband from Austin.  She will teach for the first time next week... so we'll see how it goes.  

I'm working on my new year resolutions.  Got to the gym this weekend:) Dad and I are on the workout train.  I feel just sore enough today to feel good about it... like Im getting stronger.  Dad needs to lose his baby belly. Lol.  

Your package should be delivered Thursday afternoon at the mission office!  Yay!  This is mainly the things you've asked for.  It is also mainly the package I tried to send you for your 1 year mark:)  Pay close attention to the socks.  You should recognize the pictures on them. When do you think you'll be at the office next?

We went to Kohen's baby blessing yesterday.  Erik did a great job but Kohen started crying in the middle of it.. he always snorts when he cries so it was pretty funny to have this snorting baby during the blessing.  I included pictures in your other email.  After we drove out to the new house that Erik and Chels are trying to rent.  We went out this last week and found a great house for them in Melissa.  We should find out today if they get it.  The tough thing is Erik and Chels have a few late payments on their rental history so Im hoping that won't prevent them from getting the house.  They are so excited about it!

Yesterday was Pop Pop's birthday so maybe you could send him a little note.  

I read something in the BOM this week that I wanted to share with you.  It is Mosiah 15:9.  Having ascended into heaven, having the bowels of mercy; being filled with compassion towards the children of men; standing betwixt them and justice; having broken the bands of death, taken upon himself their iniquity and their transgressions, having redeemed them, and satisfied the demands of justice
I started thinking about the word betwixt, not a word we really use today.  But then I thought of substituting with between.  As I was pondering/thinking about this, I thought about what it is saying... The Savior stands between be and anything that I'm struggling with... whether that be sin, sorrow, temptation, pride, whatever... I could picture him standing between me and all of it.  It was such a visual reminder that He is there to help us through whatever we need.  We never have to be alone.  There is no suffering beyond his reach.  There is no struggle beyond his help.  Just a great reminder how pondering can help bring meaning to our scripture study.

I love you G.  You have my heart always!  I can't wait to hear all about your week.  I hope you had lots of success and you're being well cared for by the members there.  How is the ward?  I can't wait to talk to my boy!!!  I'm the proudest mom.  Ever!

Infinity + infinity
mom

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...