Hello beautiful boy!
How was your week? Are you getting any closer to your baptism in the reservoir thing? The pictures of that area really do look like our trip to Colorado. I never thought I'd see something like that in Brazil. How far is that from your area and where you live? How are Gilmara and Aline doing? Are you doing new member lessons with them? How do they feel since their baptisms?
I'm so glad I get to talk to you today. I have felt off all week because I didn't really get to say good bye to you last week. My friend Jaclyn Wilson woke up last week with no hearing in her right ear. I took her to a doctors appointment last monday and that is when I was chatting with you. After she came out of the doctors visit, she was super frustrated and sad. I spent a lot of time talking to her. She really can't do much right now. Losing hearing in one ear throws all of your balance off so she can hardly walk, she can't drive, and she has 5 kids that she can't really be a mom to right now. Anyway, she needed someone to listen and I love her and am glad I could do that... but I missed saying goodbye to you and my whole week felt off.
I miss you G. It feels kinda normal that you're gone and that I get to talk with you every week online. But I can't say that I don't miss seeing your face and hugging my boy. I watched a missionary video of him at the airport coming home and I couldn't stop crying... just thinking that someday soon that will be us! I know it is going to be so hard for you to leave Brazil but having you home will be amazing! See.. I'm crying now, even as I write this. LOL!!! Typical.
Abby spent the weekend in Utah and I think she is very anxious to get back to Idaho but it is dumping snow right now. They were supposed to drive back today but will probably have to delay until tomorrow. Abby spent the night with Taylor Austin in Provo one night and the two of them were in a car accident. Taylor was driving down the road with Abby in the passenger seat when a woman pulled out of a parking lot and hit the car right where abby was sitting. The airbags went off and they both got a little whiplash. So Abby is pretty sore but I'm so grateful it wasn't worse. It is so scary how something can happen in an instant and change your life forever. The woman driving was Asian so there have been endless jokes about bad Asian women drivers in our house. haha.. Your dad makes a bad asian accent.
We spent last night at Ama and Pop Pops celebrating Pop pop and Kevin's bdays. Next january it will be Kevin's 40th and PopPops 80th! Isn't that crazy!!! We had a lot of fun. I love that our family lives so close to each other. No one I'd rather spend time with! Kevin and dad talked a lot about the problems of gaining weight and how it gives you permanent plumbers butt crack because your pants no longer fit. It was really cold this weekend so Dad and I did lots of spring cleaning around the house and I can tell you I've never seen so much butt crack!
On to my spiritual note .... haha. I have been listening to some really good gospel podcasts that i really like. One that I heard this week was talking about dealing with struggles, adversity, sorrows, etc. How to keep your testimony even during such hard times. The thing he said is "The time to build your well is before you are thirsty." I really love that. He was talking about losing his daughter. A sorrow that I can't even imagine. But he said that because he and his wife had already made habits of meaningful prayer and studying the scriptures for help and answers, they had a well full of love from their savior. They had already known he was there for them and had felt many times his presence and love in their lives. It made going through that pit of sorrow much more bearable because they had built their well over many years. Your recent converts are just beginning their wells in some ways. Encourage them to keep working at it. Answers come when we do our part. We recognize the Savior in our life when we are obedient and look for Him. Staying close to Him has made all the difference in my life.
I love you my angel boy! Tell me, did you ever hear back from Sally? I hope whatever happened you're feeling okay about it. We have another girl in our ward that we want to introduce you to. However, she'll be leaving on a mission so It will be about 1 year after you get home. She is really cute. I think she is your type. I'll try to send a pic next week.
Have an incredible week Gray! I love what you wrote last week about how much President Ribiero trusts you. You are an extraordinary missionary and young man and I could not be more proud to call you my son. I love you G! Have an incredible week!
xoxox Infinity + infinity and even more than that!
mom
Comments
Post a Comment