Skip to main content

January 21, 2019 from Gray

yo yo momma! I love the gym pics. Its good to know you guys are getting at it. Just wait for me to come home. I wanna come home looking much bigger!!

Yes so that area is way cool. Its called Mairiporã. Its about 45 minutes from my area. Its pretty rare here near the city, but there are a lot of beautful places like that in the interior. But in my mission, there are only a few areas like that. But...THe couple went to church again this week!!! The elder said they seem firm for this saturday for the baptism. The dad seems to have the normal "kick back and drink a beer" problem, but they said it shouldnt be a big problem. THey are gonna talk with the member who has like a ranch next to the reservoir. But i feel like it will work out. What I wanna do is go back to do their baptismal interview and then at least watch the baptism. I feel bad cause i dont wanna baptize one of their investigators, but i think one of them might choose me actually. 

Gilmara and Aliny are great! We have been visiting them and talking abnout the Holy Ghost, but she actually woke up with pregnancy pains on sunday and wasnt able to go to church. But they are still firm and they actually have a great great friendship with a member who lives super close which is something super rare and good with recent converts. WE are gonna do a FHE and teach the restoration using a method with a bunch of little cups that shows how the church of JC was established, destroyed, and restored. It should be really fun. WE also baptized CLAUDIO this week! It was awesome. I have a good story im gonna tell in my big email about an inspired promise i made to him that ended up being the difference with him. It was awesome. He literally begged us to be baptized cause he knew the good it would do for him. HE told us "im 40 years old and its time for me to make a change in my life. Im gonna leave behind alcohol and coffee." It was super great and I think hes gonna be a great member of this church. 

Thats ok mom! You dont have to worry about last week. I understand. But thats a sad story and im glad you were able to give her comfort. 

hahah its true. leaving this place will rip me apart, but im excited as well. Its gonna be so great momma! can you believe parkers gonna be home in 5 weeks? That will already be a sign to you that its coming up soon!!! Nate said he was april 22nd and isaac is may 7th. So ill be about 3 months behind isaac. 

oh my goodness im glad abby is ok. Of course it was an asian what the freak.

Holy crap. Kevin is gonna be 40! and pop pops gonna be 80! that is crazy. And tell dad to pull his pants up! or buy some that fit him! 

I love what you said. It reminds me of a conference talk i love that talks about a ship captain who was able to recieve revelation during a huge storm because he had already established a pattern in his life of how to recieve revelation. HE was already ready for the harder moments cause it was already a daily thing for him. its good motivation for each of us to do the daily small things and then when the real difficulties come, we will be much better prepared. 

I didnt end up hearing from Sally. Hahah i seriously dont know what to think. IM confused but im also chill, like not even thinking about it. THey know another missionary in my mission really well from Argentina and I sent her dad the picture and her mom and dad both emailed me about it. He asked me like when i was coming home and stuff and said he was so excited to see me. So he talks as if sally has nothing going on and wants to date me, but then there is sally who doestn even respond. So whatever. like i said im not worrying about it. Itll all work out fine.

Love you momma! YOu are the best mom in this world!
Elder G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...