Hello my fave elder!!!!
How is my boy? I hope this week was a great one. I can't wait to hear all about it!
Our week was uneventful. I did some canning with Betsy Winters. We made about 30 cans of spaghetti sauce that will last us a while:) Karlee and her husband have moved in with the Winters while he works and saves up for a year. He wants to put down about 25% on their first house so they are saving, saving right now. She is about to deliver her baby on the 6th! They are having a boy. We also had dinner with the Hines Saturday night. They are so fun. Did I ever tell you that their son is serving in NYC? He's been out a few months now.
We're getting ready to put the flip house back on the market. So I'm getting the house ready for that. I'm hoping the timing will be better this year and it will sell quickly!!! Say a little prayer:) We are doing a few things to spruce it up a little more. Again, hopefully that will help it sell quickly. At this point we won't make a profit, but it will be good to get our money back and then maybe try again. Maybe on a smaller scale this time.
We are having a missionary mom lunch on friday at the Schofields house. It's all the prosper and celina moms with kids out on missions. It will be a great get together. Thank you for doing your part to put me in such a special club of moms. I'm so proud of you, my boy!
So we will be getting a new roommate this week. A friend of Sam's is going to be living with us for about 1 month. I don't know much about her but she has a new job in Plano and needs to find an apartment so she needs a place to stay for a while. I hope she isn't a psycho:) I'm gonna be cleaning out Abby's closet and bathroom this week to make a comfortable place for her to stay. I really hope this goes well and she doesn't turn 1 month into 3. I told Sam to tell her that Abby will be coming home soon so it can only be 1 month. I've got Betsy Winters trying to find her a roommate in the singles ward already... so I'm on it!
I read something this week that I want to share with you. It was meaningful to me and I hope it means something to you too. "Be still and know that I am God." It is one of my favorite phrases. This week I learned that the original Hebrew root of Be Still doesn't mean "be quiet"; it means "let go." That's very different, don't you think? Let go and know that I am God! Let go of trying to control your companion, your spouse, your friends. Let go of worry about your finances, our flip house, the sally situation, etc. Let go of your unforgiveness. Let go of your past. Let go of what you can't control - and rest in the knowledge that God is in control. It brings me so much peace. I hope it helps you too.
I love you my amazing son! More than the sun and the moon and the stars.. infinity plus infinity and more than that. I hope this week will be full of adventure, teaching, the spirit and success. Take me with you! I miss you sweet boy!
xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment