Hello sweet boy!
We started our week with new years eve and our now traditional Fondue dinner. It was of course delish and fun! We had Erik and Chels, Ama and Pop Pop, Megan and Jenny and our fam all together. Harper got sick so they had to stay home. We had a good week but both Abby and Sam left today so I'm feeling pretty sad. I miss when you guys aren't home!
How was your week?? How are things with Alfredo? How did your lessons go this week? Did you get my earlier email? That whole section talks about the need for baptism by immersion. Not sure if that might be helpful. Tell me all about your week.
So did you hear about the announcement that there are changes in the temple? I don't know all about them yet but I'm planning on going this week so I can find out. When will you get to go again? I know for sure that the movie is changed and shorter:) I think the endowment session is 20 mins shorter which is awesome. It will make it easier to go to the temple. I know there are other changes too but we're asked to go to the temple and not discuss them outside the temple. So hopefully you get to go soon.
I've thought a lot about how much effort we put into our relationship with our Heavenly Father and the Lord. If being a disciple of Christ is our priority, then our time and effort should reflect that. This will be something for you to think about when you prepare to come home. How will you continue to grow and keep the spirit once you are not a full time missionary anymore? How will you keep this tremendous growth you've experienced and add to it instead of allowing it to dwindle away? In my praying about it, I've thought about how much Satan loves our phones. For youth especially, they are such a distraction and a time suck. There is never a time that someone can be quiet and thoughtful. If they are bored for one second they grab their phone and fill that time with numbing social media or worse. We should have quiet, pondering time each day when we are still enough to feel the spirit. How can the spirit influence us if we never are still and quiet?
I'd love your advice and thoughts on this! Especially since you've been living without a phone for 16 months now:)
How is your rash? Any improvement?
I have someone who is traveling to Sao Paulo on the 15th so she is taking a package to the mission home for me. It will have your garments, deodorant and pants in it:) So be looking for that shortly after the 15th.
What are your thoughts about a vacation to peru to see Machu Pichu? Or Italy/Greece? I'm doing research still on costs and adventures. I'll let you know when I have it narrowed down.
You are always in my thoughts and prayers. We love you so very much! Thank you for your amazing example to your brother and sister and to us. So many people have been touched and influenced by your example. I'm the most happy mom to have you for my son! I love you infinity + infinity sweet boy!
xoxoxo
Mom
Comments
Post a Comment