Skip to main content

January 7, 2019 from Gray

hello momma!! well....hahah a lot has happened since the last time i talked to you. 
This tuesday I was transferred on emergency to an area called Perus. It was literally out of nowhere cause the transfer date is on the 15th so that was kinda hard. I was definitely ready to leave Parada Pinto, I just didnt want to leave with half a day to say goodbye to everyone. It was kinda sad at first, but now Im all good. I got to say goodbye to a good amount of people and my Recent converts are so great there. I cried saying goodbye to the couple ALessandra and Lucianno. That one was hard. They are pretty great, and I wanna see them sealed here in about 10 months. That would make me the happiest man. So Im still a zone leader here in a zone called Jaragua/Cajamar. Im with Elder Packer, my first american companion! The dude is definitely difficult in many ways, but hes a hard worker so thats really all i can ask for. HEs got super bad anxiety, literally visits a psychiatrist or however you say that, and is a serious serious mommas boy in a terrible way hahah. He uses all his time at night writing emails to her on that wireless keyboard thing. Hes known on the mission for being difficult, but im whatever with it. Im just looking to work and it hasnt been too bad so far. We have been working hard and we are being blessed. 

I saw your email about baptism by immersion! I thought that was good. I know Alfredo wasnt baptized this week. THey said that he fasted this weekend, but nothing still happened. Its pretty frustrating, but I have a good feeling that he will be baptized still. I know that I gave my all and thats all i can do. But ELder Perigolo did baptize one of our investigators Bruno and they will probably baptize a few more of the people that we had found and taught. So thats way exciting. 

hahah thats so funny about the temple. They dont want so many people sleeping in the sessions lol. BUt i think its cool. I think Ill still go 2 more times during my mission. I will go in like March with the whole mission and then Ill go at the end of July to do a auto sufficency class (idk if thats an english word). 

I think thats very true about cell phones. My thoughts at least for me, it would never work for me to just sit down, reflect and feel the spirit. Ive gotta be saying a prayer or reading the scriptures or something. SO ill just have to make sure during my study time my cell phone isnt distracting from the spirit. But i definitely feel like im not gonna be as reliant on my phone when I get home. Im gonna limit my time on social media and ill be all good. 

SO i ended up going to the doctor for my rash a few weeks ago and she prescribed a shampoo and an ointment. I bought them both and have been using them and the rash is already gone. I have a follow up appt. this friday but i dont even think im gonna go cause im all good now and that hospital is kinda far. 

Im way pumped for my package!! did you remember to make a list of the things i said? I know i said a few small things but i forgot. 

I think machu pichu is cool, but not something I am dying to do. Greece and Italy would be way sweet i think, but not for the same reasons you wanna go. The history/arts part doesnt interest me at all. I would wanna be on the beaches and hang gliding from cliffs. ahhahaha so idk. What do you think about Iceland or New zealand???

I love you momma. Thanks for your kind words. I feel so great here. ALl i wanna do is help people be baptized into the true church of JC on this earth, i want nothing else with my life right now. Im so focused and happy here. Although I miss you guys and love you so much, Im in that mode where i really think i could stay here in Brazil a little longer ahahha dont worry i wont actually do it. I find no greater happiness in this life than bringing people unto Christ.

Btw we found two elects this week!! a mom and her two daughters!! (only one is at least 8) Her brother is a member in sao paulo as well and she was already being taught by some other sisters then she moved to Perus. We went to her house yesterday and we are gonna baptize her and her daughter this sunday!!! WOOOHOOOO. WE are finding lots of great people and im way excited to work here. 

love you momma!!
elder G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 19, 2018 from Gray

its ok mom. just sad and confused. but i know the lord has a plan. just dont understand why it had to happen this way.  she is dating someone i think. he kinda looks like me lol except he has huge ears. your right. its just time to turn a corner. no matter how hard that is. im gonna write her a letter today just telling her how i feel and be done with it. im being transferred. I will go to Jardim Simos and be with an elder I dont know. I will be the senior companion which is really cool. Hes a brazilian, just finished his traning, and has about only 3 months on the mission. Im so glad and relieved. i was just ready to leave aguiar. he is just a difficult person sometimes.  love you mom.  yeah that sounds really difficult and probably something that would be really hard to do at the mission office haha. ok thank you for looking it up.  I love you so freaking much mom! You are my hero! Sorry that it has to be all annoying like this. I will defini...

October 7, 2018 from Mom

Good morning my sweet boy! How was your week? I’m hoping there were some baptisms and the people followed through on their commitments:) Did you love conference? One of my favorite things about it was how I knew we were sitting there doing the exact same thing at the same time! That was comforting to me. I absolutely loved it! If you didn’t get a chance to watch the women’s broadcast you should try. I will send you an Ensign conference edition when it gets here so you can read all the talks again and study them. I feel like I received many personal messages from the talks. So many of them focused on our ability to stay faithful and receive comfort during trials... not one minute of our suffering is wasted. It is all for our good and our growth. That was one of the messages that I took away and feel strengthened by.  I also felt a recommitment to strengthening my conversion. That also seemed to be a theme of conference. Are we living the gospel by going through the motions and check...

February 19, 2018 from Kevin

Hey buddy!    I’m glad I finally get a chance to sit down and write. Baby stuff has taken over my life but we are very excited to have Harper with us in the next few weeks. Excited for you to meet your new little cousin when you return. Sounds like you are doing really well! I know you’ve had minor struggles and home sickness along the way, but it’s good to see you pumped and positive. Sounds like you’re doing a great job!     Hey listen, I know everyone has chimed in on the girl situation and you’re probably tired of talking about it at this point, but I wanted to try to talk to you about it as well because I’ve had the unwelcome pleasure of going through 3 life changing heart breaks that I never thought I’d recover from so I can speak to you from experience and hopefully put some perspective on things.     I had been with Alicia for 5 years, we were in love but it was more than that. It was how the family loved her, how much I loved her family and ...