Hi love!
This is exciting that you have the opportunity to serve as the Financial secretary! I know you have mixed feelings about the work you've been able to do... but Sam said 10-4 is probably the least productive time for missionary work anyway and that after 4pm you can still do a lot for the work.
So I have some questions:
1. Was this another emergency transfer? I thought you still had another week or two until transfers. If so, how come? Also, what is happening now with your old companion? When did you get assigned there?
2. Do you have a companion? Who is it?
3. Where do you live? Do you have pictures?
4. What work will you be doing exactly? Do you run all of the financial operations? Like paying rent, reimbursing missionaries, debit cards, etc?? That seems like so much work! How is it going so far? Are you learning? Who is teaching you? Does it seem like work you can handle?
5. How many missionaries work in the office? Do you all live together? Do you have any friends working there?
6. Have you had the chance to go out after 4pm to teach? How does that work? Do you go on splits or do you have an actual assigned area? Do have a ward and people still feed you?
Ok. I guess that is enough for now:)
First of all, I'm feeling sooooo much better! I was so completely sick on Monday! I could hardly lift my head off of the pillow. How are you feeling sweetie? Are you healthy again? Do you think you ate something bad or you actually had a bug?
So we are getting pretty excited for Parker to be home on March 1st. I'm going to the airport and am the designated photographer. I can't believe the two years has come to an end. I wonder how he's feeling? Have you chatted with him lately?
So housing/roommates for the Fall. So Hayden Hawkins already has a housing situation but we've texted back and forth and he's going to be on the lookout for you for anyone you guys were friends with freshman year that might be looking for a roommate. I think that is a pretty remote chance of working out. So I have another option that I think would be good. Laurette's friend from Kentucky has a son that went to the Congo, Africa on his mission. Left the same week you did. He is a really funny and smart guy... I've been reading his blog. He is looking for housing now too. I think his cousin will live with him and he is going into the finance and accounting program. So I'd rather you room with them then some random guys. Plus we could try to get a four person apartment and leave a spot available for Isaac if he gets into BYU and decides to go. What do you think of that? Sam said it is pretty common that a lot of guys off of their mission live with different guys because it is tough to coordinate when you come home. I'll send you a pic of the guy from the Congo.
Ama gave a great talk in church on Sunday about our heritage and doing temple work for our families. I was really proud of her!
Seminary is going great. I'm going to share your letter to your 17 year old self on Thursday. I'm sure it will make a big impact. Two of my kids texted me yesterday to make sure I was doing ok when I was sick. They are really great kids!
President Nelsen spoke in the AZ Cardinal stadium to 65,000 people on Sunday. Pretty awesome. Here is one of my favorite things I heard that he said, "For the last 35 years, I have traveled the world, meeting with millions of men and women in more than 130 countries. I've witnessed the effects of poverty and wealth, seen the impact of education and the lack thereof, met the high in station and the humblest of souls, and been gratified by humanitarian outreach from so many who care deeply about the human condition - including the Church I now have the privilege of leading. But the most profound thing I've witnessed is the unrivaled difference that belief in God and His Son, Jesus Christ, has in a person's life. There is simply nothing to compare with the refining, ennobling strength and meaning that come into the life of a devoted believer and servant."
Remember that, sweetie. You are a servant no matter where you serve in Brazil and you are doing His will. You are incredible and I'm so proud of the man you have become. I love you infinity plus infinity and even more than that my amazing son! I can't wait to hear about your week!
I love you!
mom
Comments
Post a Comment