Hi baby boy!!!
Well Parker did a great job at his homecoming:) It was also Grant Turner's farewell. He is heading to Tampa FL in a week. It's funny because when Parker had his farewell, it was Sam's homecoming too. We got together that night at the Opfars and ate lots of cookies because mostly just the Core 4 families were there. Bishop Brown and Sister Brown were there too. And Jason just submitted his mission papers. The bummer is that the entire 1st presidency and the quorum of the 12 were at the Rome temple dedication this weekend. So I think that slows down the mission calls.
By the way, have you seen pictures of the Rome temple? It looks amazing! I really want to go visit. It has made me think a lot about the temple and what I need to do better to be there more often and make my time there more meaningful. I have a quote from Pres. Nelsen to share with you. "Our need to be in the temple on a regular basis has never been greater. I plead with you to take a prayerful look at how you spend your time. Invest time in your future and in that of your family. If you have reasonable access to a temple, I urge you to find a way to make an appointment regularly with the Lord - to be in His holy house - then keep that appointment with exactness and joy. I promise you that the Lord will bring the miracles He knows you need as you make sacrifices to serve and worship in His temples." I hope when you get home you will make an effort to be in the temple at least once a month. Make a promise to the Lord - a commitment and appointment - and then keep it. It will keep you on the right path when you move forward in your life. I know, as it says in D&C 109:5, it is in the temple where the Lord can manifest himself to you.
I'm heading to California in the afternoon today (Tuesday). Taylor Austins wedding is Friday (in the LA temple) and I'm going out a few days early to help Kellie get all set up. Abby flies in Wednesday and she is a bridesmaid. So it will be so fun to see her and spend time with her. I cant wait!
How was your week? Tell me about all the people youve been teaching? How is Vitoria? Is she progressing? Did you have investigators at church on Sunday? How about the letter for Rafael and Pamela. Were you able to translate it and give it to them? How about your work in the office? How are you doing with that?
Dad and I spent a lot of time at the flip house this week. Trying to get it back on the market but it has RAINED SOOOO much! We needed to redo some outdoor paint and just couldn't because of the rain. So hopefully this next weekend. Praying hard!
I love you my sweet boy! I hope you have an amazing and productive week. I love you so very much!
mom
Comments
Post a Comment