Hello love! Well... I'm finally back home in Tejas and hope I get to stay here for a while. Sam is also here for a couple of weeks and Abby too. I love having my kids here under my roof!! It feels great to have them here and I can't wait til we are all under the same roof again.
I hope you had a nice easter! We got together with the whole fam at the Walton's tonight for Easter dinner and some games. It was a lot of fun. It was a nice day at church as well. Next week we have Nathan's homecoming and Aliza's farewell on the same day! Its gonna be a bit crazy but I'm excited for both. Abby is dreading Aliza leaving because she will miss her so much. I think she's gonna be a little bored for a while until she finds some friends to hang out with this summer. But the good news is she already has 2 jobs! She got hired at the new Palios which is over in Tucker Hill and at a restaurant called 11/17 which is on 380 at Ridge. They hired her to wait tables without any experience. So I'm hoping she'll make great tips.
Sam is healing well. He is walking without crutches and will start his phys therapy this week. I believe angels were protecting him because this could have gone very differently!
Well our contract on our house fell through because they found termites. There were hardly any and we've already had it treated. AND we got another contract on the house. The inspections will take place on Monday so I'm praying those go well! If so, we will close on the house in late May. Yesterday the prospective buyers had family in town an wanted to go see the house. I ran over to make sure everything looked good and a large tree limb had broken off and fallen in the back yard! UGH. I'm so done with this house. I'm praying hard that all will go well and we will finally sell it!
I loved the Come Follow Me section about Easter week. Do you guys follow Come Follow Me too? We read some verses in Luke 22 today about Peter, James and John in the Garden of Gethsemane. The other books (like Matthew and Mark) say that they fell asleep while the Savior is suffering so incredibly for their sins (along with all of the rest of ours). But that never made sense to me. But today, in Luke, it said that they "slept for sorrow." That sounds like they cried themselves to sleep. They suffered too because they loved Him so much. Then the other thing that I noticed... John is the only one who wrote one of the 4 gospels that was there in Gethsemane. But it is interesting that he doesn't write about that experience. Was it too painful ? Too sacred? Just a few things that I learned this week. I want you to know how much I love our Savior and am so endlessly grateful that he took on my sins and suffering. He is my brother and I look forward to trying to thank Him in person.
I sure love you my angel boy! I can't wait to hear about your week. I love you so very much... infinity plus infinity and even more than that. Can't wait to chat with you! (ps. why is your pday Monday this week?) We got to watch you on the new mission video! It is awesome even though I can't understand a single word! You look so handsome!!!
Did you decide to write Sally? What do you think is going on?
xoxoxo
mom
Comments
Post a Comment