Hi Elder G!
Another week down. We are getting so close to the end of your mission in Brazil... I cant believe it. Tell me all about your week! How are Paula and Cristiano doing? Who did you teach this week? What did you guys do for Pday today?
Im in Utah this week. I arrived Saturday and the weather is incredible here! Its so gorgeous in the summer. I've been helping Dani out a lot with the girls and spending time with Noelles fam. Laurie and Kellie got here yesterday and we had lunch with a friend from high school that I haven't seen for 17 years. We had lots of fun and walked around the temple grounds (see pics). We had a great day. Today I'm headed to Provo after I take care of Winnie and Piper again this afternoon. Ill have dinner with Sam. He seems to really like his internship. I think things are going great. Abby just got two new job offers (a restaurant called Petra right in front of Tucker Hill and the Gap). She's trying to decide which one to take. She is going to talk to Old Navy today because they are right in Prosper which she'd really like. If she gets an offer from them I think she'll take that. Dani and the girls are doing pretty good, considering. Winnie has been in therapy twice per week and it seems to be helping her. The girls love to be with me so it is easy for me to take them out and give Dani a break. I'll try to send pics of them too today. They are so adorable!
I'm going to take a morning hike today so I'll send more beautiful Utah pictures. This weekend I'm meeting up with my girlfriends for a girls weekend in Midway. We are going to hike to Stewart Falls so more pics are coming.
I've been reading about Gethsemane this week (for Come follow me). I found this story that I thought was really great. What do you think?...
Christ wanted the bitter cup to pass..
But it didn’t.
It has left me thinking about the “cups” in our lives...
And this quote came to mind:
.
———
Say you are holding a cup of soda and someone bumps into you, making you spill your soda everywhere.
Why did you spill the soda?
You spilled the soda because that was what was in your cup.
Had there been tea in your cup, you would have spilled tea.
The point is, whatever is inside your cup is what will spill out. Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you up (which will happen), whatever is inside your cup will spill out. It’s easy to fake it, until you get rattled.
So we have to ask ourselves, what is in our cup?
When life gets tough, what spills out?
Joy, gratefulness, peace, and humility? Or does bitterness, anger, harsh words and actions come out?
You choose!”
———
That quote left me pondering, what spilled from Christ’s cup?
First, humility.
“Not my will, but thine be done.”
Next, understanding.
As he told his not so vigilant disciples, “Sleep, and take your rest” (Matt 26:45)
Then, kindness.
Calling His betrayer, “Friend.” (Matt 26:50)
Then, healing.
“Suffer He this far, and He touched his ear, and healed him” (Luke 22:51)
Next, faith.
“Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?” (Matt 26:53)
Next, forgiveness.
“Father, forgive them. They know not what they do.”
Then, service.
“Behold thy mother.” (John 19:26-27)
Last, love.
As he sacrificed His life, so each one of us could live again, “It is finished.” (John 19:30)
Humility. Understanding. Kindness. Healing. Faith. Forgiveness. Service. Love. Today, let us strive to fill our cup with the same.
That story has me thinking a lot about how I react when my cup spills over. It also has me thinking about how much growing I still need to do to be more like Him.
How is your reading of Jesus the Christ coming? Im going to start back up when I get back to Dallas. I want to finish it this summer.
Can't wait to talk to you my love! Have a great Pday and I'll talk to you in a few hours.
I love you sooooooooo much. You are an incredible young man and I could not be more proud of you.
Love,
momma
Comments
Post a Comment