Hello love!
So did Dr. Rey's friend get baptized?? Tell me all about your week.
So one quick thing before I forget...can you add your frequent flyer number to your flight coming home on delta? That would give you a good amount of miles to your account. If you can, let me know and I'll send you your account number.
We had a good week. Getting things ready for you to come home:) It's gonna take some work but we've got it started. I gotta figure out what to do with your 12 binders of baseball cards. lol Were also getting rid of the eliptical machine/dust collector. Kevin and Misti are gonna buy it for their garage gym.
Abby and I are kicking butt at the gym! Its been really fun to do this together. Abby looks incredible and is in the best shape I've ever seen her. Plus we both feel stronger which is so great!
How is your new trainee doing? Will this give you more time to go out and teach investigators once he gets more up to speed?
We studied the final chapters of each of the 4 gospels for Come Follow Me this week. It is all about the resurrection of Christ. In the book of John, chapter 21, is one of my favorite stories in all of the scriptures. It reminded me of you when I studied it this week. After the Savior returns to visit the apostles and teaches them, the apostles are apparently not sure what they are supposed to do next. So they go back to what they know. Peter, James and John go back to their fishing boats and struggle through the night without catching any fish. Someone from the shore calls to them and tells them to put their nets down on the right side of the boat. Remembering the same experience they had with the Lord when he first called them to be apostles 3 years earlier, John tells the others that "It is the Lord." Without waiting to pull up the nets full of fish or even for the boat to return to the shore, Peter leaps over the side and rushes to be with the Savior. I love that he absolutely didn't want to waste one minute to be with Him. I want to be more like Peter. His love for the Lord is so deep. This is the moment when the Lord ask Peter if he loves Him. Peter may seem shocked at the question especially since he just swam through the sea of Galilee to be with the Lord. But he tells the Lord that of course he loves Him. The Savior responds with then "feed my sheep." You are in a similar situation. You are coming home from a glorious two years where you gave your heart and soul to the Lord and His work. Now you have to decide what to do next. Will you go back to the same things you did before? Or the same person you were before? Or will you continue to Feed His Sheep? Of course you won't be able to be a dedicated to the work as you were on the mission. You have to find balance. But continue to put the Lord first and you will be happy and at peace even during the trials of your life.
I love you my son. I am so very proud of you. I can't wait to put my arms around you and welcome you home. Until then, leave it all on the field.
xoxox
infinity + infinity
Mom
Comments
Post a Comment