hello momma!!!
So yes Luis is gonna be baptized and I couldnt be happier! On Sunday after sacrament meeting I was talking with some people and the bishop came over and told me he wanted to talk with me and my comps. We followed him up to the stand and I realized Luis was up there on the stand already talking with a counselor and our ward mission leader. My heart started beating fast immediately as I already had an idea of what maybe could happen. He told us that he had decided about 2 months ago that he was gonna be baptized and then he chose this date because it was the only weekend that both I and his son will be at home (his son gets home from BYU I on the 1st). I felt such an overwhelming joy in that moment, it was hard to hold in the tears. I feel so happy for this man. Ive grown to love him and have a great friendship with him. (Btw him and his wife have already talked about visiting us in Texas here in a couple years when their son gets back from his mission!). I felt such a sense of accomplishment as well. I feel like it was God telling me "thank you for your mission, heres a great going away gift." haha. It was seriously amazing. So that one time he came here to the office to lalk with President i think he already told him that he had decided that he would be baptized. So president has been hiding it from us this whole time!!!! lol I think President told him he wanted to baptize him. I think Luis is fine with it. I think either way it will be super special for him and I'm sure his son will confirm him. What makes me so happy about him is that fact that I know he will be a faithful member for life. He told us that when he was to make a decision it was gonna be a lifelong decision and he wasnt gonna play around with it. But that he is really gonna be firm to this decision and be a freaking great member for life.
So on wednesday the 31st Im going to a bbq at a members house in my first area who was from that one family who took such good care of me. Im really excited to see them and im gonna try to see a couple recent converts there too. On thursday the 1st my group has a self sufficiency class (at least i think thats the translation). Its like a day long class that we do at the temple to help prepare us to returning back to life and help us out with work and interviews and stuff like that. We will eat lunch with President and Sister Ribeiro that day and then afterwards we will go through a session in the temple. On the 2nd and 3rd I think ill be with a buddy Elder Gabel who is going home with me and we are gonna do some fun stuff
. Then Sunday the 4th will be my last sunday, ill bear my testimony, and Luis will be baptized. On monday the 5th I believe I have my exit interview with President Ribeiro and we have like a brunch at their house and then 6 o clock or so ill already pick up an uber to catch my flight!!!! That will be a fun week for sure lol. So im pretty much just counting down to the 31st at this point hahaha.
Idk if ill be able to answer all these questions while im on my mission cause its gonna take a long long time to write this all out. But I can do them at home.
As for when I get home. Idk I would love just the treats that you have been sending me in my packages. Any kind of american candy I would like. For dinners I would love a steak and potatoes dinner. I would love a hot dog night. I would love a taco night. Also those fettucine things we put in the oven with chicken

hahah i feel ya momma it can be hard at times. Im just happy with what happened this week with Luis. And today was a fun pday so its been a good week. We went to Pico de Jaraguá (Jaraguá Peak). I went about a year ago, but i knew i wanted to go back one more time. Its about an hour and a half hike up and then like 50 minutes down. It was tough lol but it was worth it. I have some pics ill send to you. It has some awesome views.
Thats fun for abby! And i saw some pics of matts bday celebration. Yes i would love to go there it seems like such a cool place. And i cant believe spencers farewell is already this sunday!!!! ahhhh! That is crazy. Im sad ill miss him, but i know he is going off to do great things.
Love you momma! Thank you for everything. See you in a short 21 days!!!
Elder G
Comments
Post a Comment