Oh my goodness! How is it possible that this is our last letter of your mission? How long and yet how fast the time went. I have missed you every single day my sweet son. But I have had so much joy watching you become a man of God before my eyes these past two years. I have watched you put others first and put your pursuits on hold in order to love others and serve the Lord. This quote reminds me of you today:
"Sacrifice is a demonstration of pure love. The degree of our love for the Lord, for the gospel, and for our fellowman can be measured by what we are willing to sacrifice for them." - M. Russell Ballard
To say I'm proud of you isn't enough. You have been an example to me and have inspired me. I have wanted to be (and have tried to be) better because of your sacrifice and example. And now you are on your way home after giving your heart and soul to those wonderful people of Brazil. President Monson said, "None of us will honor our Heavenly Father and our Savior more than by serving as a devoted, compassionate missionary. 'For them that honour me I will honour.' 1 Sam 2:30" Thank you for loving Heavenly Father and our Savior so much. Thank you for being such a willing young man. How did I get so lucky to have 3 amazing children that love the Lord so completely? I know that by serving your mission and helping others come unto the Lord, you have found Him yourself. I pray that you will set some goals for yourself so that as you transition to come home, you will continue to serve and love and grow and obey.
I can't wait to wrap my arms around you my son. I can't wait to see your handsome face. I can't wait to hear all of your stories .I can't wait to see what comes next for you. I have loved our letters and how sweet you have been to me. I remember after Sam came home, I missed how we communicated in letters. So don't be surprised if I send you some letters every now and then:)
I love you my incredible boy. Spencer leaves tomorrow and you come home in 7 days. It seems unreal. I just cannot wait!!!
"Sacrifice is made sweet to us when we treasure the joy it brings to another heart." Henry B. Eyring
You are an extraordinary young man, Gray. I love you infinity plus infinity and even more than that!
See ya Tuesday.
xoxoxoxo
Momma
Comments
Post a Comment